1.”Right to Life” is in which of the following articles in the Indian Constituation
A) Article 14 B) Article 19 C) Article 17 D) Article 21
Ans:- D) Article 21
2. The famous ‘Asiatic lion’ is found in which Indian State?
A) Rajasthan B) Haryana C) Guhrat D) U.P.
Ans:- C) Guhrat
3. Which governor General announced the partition of Bengal in 1905?
A) Lord Curzon B) William Bentinck C) Lord wellesley
D) Lord Dalhousie
Ans:- A) Lord Curzon
4. In which state is Nalanda situated?
A) Madhya Pradesh B) Bihar C) U.P. D) Chhatisgarh
Ans:- B) Bihar
5. Who is the Chief Justice of India?
A) Justice Ganguly B) Justice Kapadia
C) Justice J.S. Verma D) Justice Balakrishnan
Ans:- B) Justice Kapadia
6. The Construction of India can be amended by
A) Article 352 B) Article 356 C) Article 368
D) Article 370
Ans:- C) Article 368
7. When was sati system ablished?
A) 1818 B) 1825 c) 1829 D) 1833
Ans:- c) 1829
8. Meenakshi Temple is located in
A) Rameshwaram B) Tirupati C) Shirdi D) Madurai
Ans:- D) Madurai
9. Which country did India defeat in cricket world Cup, 2011 final?
1) Srilanka 2) Pakistan 3) England 4) Australia
Ans:- 1) Srilanka
10.The prime Minister of which country was the chief guest at the Republic Day parade in 2012?
A) Thailand B) Malaysia C) Indonesia D) Singapore
Ans:- A) Thailand
11. The disease ‘Scurvy’ is caused by the deficiency of which vitamin?
A) Vitamin A B) Vitamin B C) Vitamin C D) Vitamin K
Ans:- C) Vitamin C
12.From which country has the Directive Principles of State policy been adopted?
A) lreland B) Japan C) USA D) Germany
Ans:- A) lreland
13.How many members canbe nominated by the President in the Rajya Sabha?
1) 10 B) 12 C) 8 D) 15
Ans:- B) 12
14. Which day is celebrated as Human Rights Day?
A) 10th December B) 24th September C) 8th November
D) 8th March
Ans:- A) 10th December
15. The term ‘Socialist’ was incorporated in the Indian Preamble by which amendment to the Constitution?
A) 7th B) 21th C) 42th D) 44th
Ans:- C) 42th
16. Ashoka was the king of which dynasty?
A) Maurya B) Gupta C) Nanda D) Chalukya
Ans:- A) Maurya
17. The Mullaperiyar Water dispute is between which of the States?
A) Kerala-Kamataka B) Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Kamataka,
C) Tamil nadu-Andhra Pradesh D) Kerala-Tamil Nadu
Ans:- D) Kerala-Tamil Nadu
18. Which is the 193rd country to the United Nations?
A) South Sudan B) Palestine C) Serbia D) East Timor
Ans:- A) South Sudan
19. Who is the auther of ‘Hersh Charita’?
A) Huan Sang B) Panini C) Banabhatta D) I. Tsing
Ans:- C) Banabhatta
20.Quit India Movement was launched in
A) 1920 B) 1931 C) 1942 D) 1939
Ans:- C) 1942
21. Who was the founder of Mughal empire
A) Balban B) Humayan C) Akbar D) Babar
Ans:- D) Babar
22. Which game is Vishwanathan Anand associated with
A) Tennis B) chess C) swimming D) cricket
Ans:- B) chess
23. Which article of the Indian Constitution provides special status to Jammu and Kashmir?
A) 370 B) 350 C) 360 D) 380
Ans:- A) 370
24. Who is the chief Minister of Chhatisgarh?
A) Raman Singh B) Shivraj Singh C) Gopal Singh
D) Nitish Kumar
Ans:- A) Raman Singh
25. How many members are there in Election Commission
A) 2 B) 3 C) 4 D) 5
Ans:- B) 3
26. In which state assembly elections are NOT held in 2012?
A) Manipur B) Uttar Pradesh C) Bihar D) Goa
Ans:- C) Bihar
27. In which field Amartya Sen won Nobal Prize?
A) Economics B) Literature C) Peace D) Social Service
Ans:- A) Economics
28.Who is the Governor of Reserve bank of India?
A) Usha Thorat B) C.Rangarajan C) D.subba Rao
D) Bimal Jalan
Ans:- C) D.subba Rao
29. Who is succeeding Ratan Tata as OMD Tata group of Industries
A) Noel Tata B) Cyrus Mistry C) Parvin Dastyr D) Sunil Mittal
Ans:- B) Cyrus Mistry
30. Territorial waters of India extend up to
A) 10 nautical miles B) 8 nautical miles
C) 15 nasitical miles D) 12 natical miles
Ans:- D) 12 natical miles
31.Who is the deputy chairman of Planning Commission?
A) Pranab Mukharjee B) Manmohan Singh
C) Bimal Jalan D) Montek Singh Ahluwalia
Ans:- D) Montek Singh Ahluwalia
32.Madhubani Paintings are associated with which State?
A) Bihar B) Jharkhad C) Chhatisgarh D) M.P.
Ans:- A) Bihar
33. Pakistan Resolution was passed by Muslim League in
A) 1947 B) 1945 C) 1946 D) 1940
Ans:- D) 1940
34. Who was the first Indian Governor General of India?
A) S. Radhakrishnan B) Dr. Zakir Hussain
C) Amartya Sen D) Ramakrishnan Venkataraman
Ans:- C) Amartya Sen
35. Who was the first Indian to win Nobel prize for Chemistry?
A) C.V Raman B) Hargovind Khurana C) Amartya Sen
D) Ramakrishnan Venkataraman
Ans:- D) Ramakrishnan Venkataraman
36. Bhupen Hazarika belonged to which state?
A) Assam B) Meghalaya C) Tripura D) Manipur
Ans:- A) Assam
37. Which river flows towards west?
A) kaveri B) krishna C) Godavari D) Narmada
Ans:- D) Narmada
38. who is the author of Ramayana
A) vyas B) Valmiki C) Tulsidas D) Kalidas
Ans:- B) Valmiki
39. Who was the presedent of the Constituent Assembly?
A) B.N. Rau B) B.R. Ambedkar C) Rajendra Prasad
D) C. Rajagopalachari
Ans:- C) Rajendra Prasad
41. Which line passes through India?
A) Tropic Cancer B) Equtor C) Tropic of Capricom
D) International Date Line
Ans:- D) International Date Line
42. Which line the head of British Commonwelth?
A) British P.M. B) British Parllament C) British Queen
D) Indian P.M.
Ans:- C) British Queen
43. ‘Yuan’ is the currency of which country?
A) Nigeria B) Burma (Myanmar) C) China D) Indonesia
Ans:- C) China
44. Who is called the Iron Man of India?
A) Sardar Patel B) Jawahar Lal Nehru C) L.K. Advani
D) Subhash Chandra Bose
Ans:- A) Sardar Patel
45. Who has succeded E. Sreedharan as Managing Director of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation?
A) Sanjeev Bhatt B) Mangu Singh C) Mangat Singh
D) Deepak Singh
Ans:- B) Mangu Singh
46. Mughal Garden is situated in
A) Mubmai B) Hyderabad C) Bengaluru D) New Delhi
Ans:- D) New Delhi
47. ‘Arihant’ is the name of
A) surface to surface missile B) tank C) nuclear submarine
D) surface to Air Missile
Ans:- C) nuclear submarine
48. Who do we use to measure atmospheric pressure
A) Hydrometer B) thermometer C) Barometer D) Ampier
Ans:- C) Barometer
49. How many Vedas are there?
A) 4 B) 3 C) 5 D) 2
Ans:- A) 4
50. How many articles are there in Indian Constitution
A) 375 B) 380 C) 370 D) 395
Ans:- D) 395