History Study Material बिभाग ‘ङ’ Shared By N. Ravi Chandan
History Study Material बिभाग ‘ङ’ on mahasarkar.co.in. This is the page where we are deal with History Study Material For Maharashtra Recruitment Exam. Every questions come from various source i.e. Harappan Civilisation; Vedic Age; Mauryas; India after the Mauryas (2nd/c BC-2nd/c AD); The Sangam Age (South); Age of Guptas; Age of Smaller Kingdoms (North) (Harsha incorporated); The Deccan & the South; The Delhi Sultanate; The age of Vijayanagar & the Bahmanis; The Bhakti & the Sufi Movements; The Mughals; The Marathas; The Establishment of the British Rule & Expansion in India; British Policy & Administration; Social & Cultural Awakening in India. The Socio-religious Reform Movements; Revolts of 1857; Muslim Separation; Miscellaneous. यह पेज ओह सब स्टूडेंट के लिए है, जो नौकरी की तलाश में हैं और भारती परिक्षा दिने के लिए इच्छुक हैं।
mahasarkar.co.in is totally mobile friendly site. So subscribe Us and get important updates alert in just a second. There is no need to pay any of money to us for subscribe. If you found any of error please contact us.
- Who was governor-general when the 1857revolt broke out?
Ans:- (2) Canning
- The Indian Civil Service was introduced during the rule of
Ans:- (4) Cornwallis
- The Doctrine of Lapse was introduced by
Ans:- (1) Dalhousie
- The revival of the Vedas is attributed to
(1) Ramakrishna Paramhansa
(2) Swami Dayananda
(3) Swami Vivekananda
Ans:- (2) Swami Dayananda
- The first country to established trade relations with India was
Ans:- (1) Portugal
- The 19th century reawakening in India was confined to the
(1) Upper middle-classes
(2) Priestly classes
(3) Rich peasantry
(4) Urban landlords
Ans:- (1) Upper middle-classes
7.What was the function of the Portuguese port at Goa?
(1) To supervise Malabar
(2) To Control the east Indian spice trade
(3) To act as the entrepot for the Far East
(4) to act as the base for further expansion in India
Ans:- (1) To supervise Malabar
- Which of the following acts provided that Indians should not be barred from holding jobs with the company?
(1) Charter Act, 1833
(2) Pitt’s India Act, 1784
(3) The Regulating Act, 1733
(4) The Govt. of India Act, 1858
Ans:- (1) Charter Act, 1833
- English education was introduced in India by
Ans:- (3) Macaulay
- The Crown took the Government og India into its own hands by the
(1) Charter Act, 1833
(2) Government of India Act, 1858
(3) Indian Council Act, 1861
(4) Government of India Act, 1935
Ans:- (2) Government of India Act, 1858
- The first step taken by the government in the spread of modern education was in
Ans:- (2) 1813
- The first 100 years of British rule in India saw the resistance movement take the shape of
- Civil rebellions
- Tribal uprisings
- National revolts
- Peasant movements
(2) A and D
(4) A, B and D
Ans:- (4) A, B and D
- In which sequence did the Europeans arrive in India in the 18th century?
Ans:- (1) CDBA
- Match the following:
- Brahmo Samaj 1. Bombay
- Veda Samaj 2. Bengal
- Arya Samaj 3. Madars
- Prarthana Samaj 4. North India
A B C D
(1) 1 3 2 4
(2) 3 2 4 1
(3) 2 4 1 3
(4) 2 3 4 1
Ans:- (4) 2 3 4 1
- Which among the following was not conquered by Ranjit Singh?
(1) Beas-Sutej territory
Ans:- (1) Beas-Sutej territory
- The Anglo-Afghan relation in the 19th century were influenced by the fear of expansion towards India of
Ans:- (2) Russia
- The rule of the Nizam of Hydrabad after 1724
(1) Was completely under the Mughals.
(2) Was symbolically under the Mughals.
(3) Was completely under the French
(4) Was completely under the Portuguese.
Ans:- (2) Was symbolically under the Mughals.
- Which of the following statements is wrong
(1) Siraj-ud-daula objected to the misuse of trade privilege in Bengal by the East India Company officials.
(2) Mir Jafar’s army rebelled against him because he failed to pay their salary.
(3) The right of Diwani gave the British complete control over the financial and administrative affairs of Bengal
(4) The British became critical of Mir Kasim because he wanted to established his independent authority
- Which of the following statements is wrong.
(1) The French India Company was formed 1664
(2) The French Company established their first factory at Masulipatam in 1669.
(3) In 1674 Francois Martin founded Pondicherry, Which was to become the future capital of the French in India.
(4) Fortunes of the French East India Company dwindled in the first decade of the 18th century.
Ans:- (2) The French Company established their first factory at Masulipatam in 1669.
- Match the following and select the correct answer code.
- Chanda Sahib 1. Hyderabad
- Muzaffar Jang 2. Madras
- Mohmmed Ali 3. Carnatic
- Saunders 4. Trichinopoly
(1) A-4, B-1, C-3, D-2
(2) A-2, B-1, C-3, D-4
(3) A-3, B-1, C-4, D-2
(4) A-3, B-1, C-2, D-4
- Pitt’s of the Regulating Act, was meant to remove the defects of the Regulating Act, was passed in the year.
(1) 1781 AD
(2) 1782 AD
(3) 1784 AD
(4) 1786 AD
Ans:- (3) 1784 AD
22.Which of the following princely states was annexed by the British:
Ans:- (3) Sind
- Which one of the following scripts of ancient India was written from right to left, was prevalent from 300 BC to AD 300 and the western most of Ashok’s edicts were executed in it?
Ans:- (2) Kharoshhti
- Karikala 1. Chola
- Senaguttuvan 2. Pandyas
- Nedunjheliam 3. Chera
- Manes of Moga 4. Shaka
(1) A-1, B-3, C-2, D-4
(2) A-1, B-3, C-4, D-2
(3) A-3, B-2, C-1, D-4
(4) A-1, B-4, C-2, D-3
Ans:- (1) A-1, B-3, C-2, D-4
- Who presided over the Fourth Buddhist Council when Buddhism spilt into two broad sects, Mahayana and Hinayana.
(3) Vasumitra and Asvaghosha
Ans:- (3) Vasumitra and Asvaghosha
- The Matsya Purana gives the list of 10 avataras (Incarnation) of which three are divine avataras, point the odd one out? (seven are human avatars)
Ans:- (3) Kurma
- He was a Frenchman and Physician by profession. He was attached to the court of Shah Jahan and was witness to the war of succession between Dara Shikogh and Aurangzeb. The reference here is to
(1) Nicolao Manucci
(2) Fernao Nuiz
(3) Francois Bernier
(4) Jean Baptiste Tavernier
Ans:- (3) Francois Bernier
28.Rajiya was endowed with all qualities befitti9ng a king, but she was not born of the right sex’ _______ who is credited with these lines?
(1) A 1 Beruni
(2) Amir Khusrau
(3) Minhaf Siraj
(4) Ibn Battutah
Ans:- (3) Minhaf Siraj
- What is the Chronological sequence of the foundation of the following organizations?
- Indian National Social Conference
- Tattvabodhini Sabha
- Arya Samaj
- Rama Krishna Mission
(1) B C A D
(2) B A C D
(3) A B C D
(4) B A D C
Ans:- (1) B C A D
- The given Map 1 relates to
(1) Sultanate of Delhi under Iltutmish in 1236.
(2) The Gupta Empire at the close of 4th century AD.
(3) Empire of Thaneswar on the eve of Harsha’s accession.
(4) The kingdom of Gujara Pratihara at the close of 10th century AD.
Ans:- (2) The Gupta Empire at the close of 4th century AD.
- Under Aurangazeb, imperial expansion took place in the North-east. In the Map 3 places 1, 2, 3, 4 correspond to
(1) kooch Bihar, Darrang, Ahom kingdom and Kamrup
(2) Kooch Bihar, Kamrup, Darrang and Ahom Kingdom.
(3) Kamrup, Kooch Bihar , Darrang and Ahom kingdom.
(4) Koooch Bihar, darrang, Kamrup and Ahom Kingdom
Ans:- (2) Kooch Bihar, Kamrup, Darrang and Ahom Kingdom.
- In the given Map 4, the shaded part represents the British territories in India of Which ‘A’ and ‘B’ correspond to
(1) A wadh and the French territory
(2) Orissa and Northern Sarkaras
(3) Northern Sarkaras and North-Western Provinces
(4) Northern Sarkars and Mughal territory
Ans:- (3) Northern Sarkaras and North-Western Provinces
- The Map 7 given here shows
(1) Ashoka’s empire in 250 BC
(2) The empire of Muhammad Tughlaq in 1335.
(3) The Mughal empire at the end of 17th century AD
(4) India at the close of Dalhousie’s administration
Ans:- (2) The empire of Muhammad Tughlaq in 1335.
- Arrange the following Bhakti saints in a chronological sequence.
Ans:- (3) Ramananda
- The term Dravidian refers to a stratum of Indian population who can be classified as
Ans:- (2) Palaeo-Mediterranean
- Of the following sites of Harappan civilization, push the odd one out.
Ans:- (2) Mohenjodaro.
- Orthodox Hindus hold that there are six ‘astika’ systems of Hindu philosophy of these the oldest is
Ans:- (3) Samkhya
- The Municipal Board, an important unit of Gupta administration, called Adhisthan-adhi-karana is constituted by four members. Point the odd one out:
(2) Prethama Kulika
(3) Prathama Kayastha
Ans:- (4) Gaulmika
- The civil Disobedience movement followed the
(1) Declaration of Home Rule movement followed the
(2) Partition of Bengal
(3) Dandi March
(4) Declaration of Poorna Swaraj by the Congress
Ans:- (4) Declaration of Poorna Swaraj by the Congress
- The Indian Civil received permission to establish their Company in India from
(1) Lord Canning
(2) Lord Curzon
(3) Lord Cornwallis
(4) Lord Dalhousie
Ans:- (3) Lord Cornwallis