Preposition MCQ with answer for Various competitive Examinations:
“PREPOSITIONS”, in English Grammar Part an important role in all government, bank and other similar competitive exams. So, knowing the facts about Preposition is very important for primary to high school students and also candidates preparing for competitive exams.
Here, we have collected the most important questions on Preposition with clear Answers. Practice these MCQ Questions and Answers and score well in competitive exams. MHAHASARKAR provides you the best solutions for Candidate’s English Grammar online test preparation.
English Grammar – “Preposition” MCQs With Answers
(1) How many types of propositions?
Ans: – (a) Two
(2) He lived…………SadashivPeth……………Pune.
(a) at, in
(b) at, at
(c) in, at
(d) in, in
Ans: – (a) at, in
(3) The Rajiv Gandhi Sea link …………. the sea.
Ans: – (d) over
(4) Choose the correct sentence: (PSI 97)
(a) You would prefer poverty to dishonesty.
(b) You would prefer poverty upon dishonesty.
(c) You would prefer poverty than dishonesty.
(d) You would prefer poverty on dishonesty.
Ans: – (a) You would prefer poverty to dishonesty.
(5) Filling the blank choosing the right preposition. (PSI-97)
(1) The government of Maharashtra has agreed to give compensation ………the loss caused to the farmers due to hail storm.
Ans: – (b) for
(6) College students should be aware ………bad habits.
Ans: – (c) of
(7) Government had no control……… his natural calamity failure.
Ans.: – (d) over
(8) Some people like to jump…………. a flooded river.
Ans.: – (d) into
(9) The Nashik district farmers suffered this year because the monsoon does not arrive ……….time.
Ans.: – (a) on
(10) Government has been supporting solder’s family………. her Husband’s death.