Geography Study Material बिभाग ‘घ’ Shared By R. Rajput
Geography Study Material बिभाग ‘घ’ on mahasarkar.co.in. This is the page where we are deal with Geography Study Material For Maharashtra Recruitment Exam. Every questions come from various source i.e. World Locations Routes and ports etc.;World Boundaries;Rocks, Earthquakes and Volcanic Activity;Worlds Agriculture and Industry;Atmosphere and Climate;Minerals;World Population, Races;Solis Forests, Environment;Misc, including Earth,;latitudes, Longitudes, Time;India Rivers, Canals, Irrigation;India Climate;India natural Vegetation and Environment;India Agriculture;India Minerals;India Industries;India Power and Irrigation projects;India Trade, Transport and Tourism;India Population; Tribes; Races. यह पेज ओह सब स्टूडेंट के लिए है, जो नौकरी की तलाश में हैं और भारती परिक्षा दिने के लिए इच्छुक हैं।
mahasarkar.co.in is totally mobile friendly site. So subscribe Us and get important updates alert in just a second. There is no need to pay any of money to us for subscribe. If you found any of error please contact us.
Study Material: Geography बिभाग ‘घ’
- When were Indian states first organized on a linguistic basis?
Ans:- (d) 1956
- The rocks in the Himalayan system are mainly
Ans:- (a) Sedimentary
- The Siwaliks stretch between
(a) Indus and Sutlej
(b) Potwar Basin and Teesta
(c) Sutlej and Kali
(d) Sutlej and Teesta
Ans:- (b) Potwar Basin and Teesta
- The territorial waters of India extend up to
(a) 12 nautical miles
(b) 6 nautical miles
(c) 15 nautical miles
(d) 10 nautical miles
Ans:- (a) 12 nautical miles
- Which is the largest state of India?
Ans:- (2) Maharashtra
- Which one of the smallest state of India?
Ans:- (c) Sikkim
- Where is the Maikal Range situated?
(b) Jammu and Kashmir
(d) Tamil Nadu
Ans:- (c) Chhattisgarh
- Which of the following rivers flow s through a rift valley?
Ans:- (b) Narmada
- Which area in India has an internal type of drainage?
(a) Central Himalayas
(b) Tamil Nadu
(c) Chhota Nagpur plateau
(d) Western Rajasthan
Ans:- (d) Western Rajasthan
- Which part of the islands in the Arabian Sea is known as Minicoy islands?
Ans:- (c) Southern
- Which river of India is called Tsangpo in one of its reaches?
Ans:- (b) Brahmaputra
- Which one of the tributaries of the Ganga system flows northwards?
Ans:- (c) Son
- Which river flows between the Satpuras and the Vindhyas?
Ans:- (d) Narmada
- One river flowing towards the west is the
Ans:- (c) Narmada
- Which river forms its delta in Orissa?
(b ) Godavari
Ans:- (a) Mahanadi
- The Thar Desert is believed to be expanding. The most suitable way to cheek it would be by
(b) Artificial rain
(c) Canal irrigation
(d) Using the area for cattle-rearing
Ans:- (a) Afforestation
- Which area in India gets the summer monsoon first?
(a) The Himalayas
(b) The Eastern Ghats
(c) The Western Ghats
(d) The Indo-Gangetic plains
Ans:- (c) The Western Ghats
- Winter rains in North – western India are caused by
(a) Westerly depressions
(b) Retreating monsoon
(c) Trade winds
(d) South-Westerly monsoons
Ans:- (a) Westerly depressions
- During the period of the south-west monsoon, Tamil Nadu remains dry because
(a) The winds do not reach this area
(b) There are no mountains in this area
(c) It lies in the rain-shadow area
(d) The temperature is too high to let the winds cool do wn
Ans:- (c) It lies in the rain-shadow area
- The Aravallis fail to cause orographic precipitation in Rajasthan because
(a) They are not sufficiently high
(b) They monsoons do not reach them
(c) They lie parallel to the direction of the winds
(d) They do not support any vegetation
Ans:- (b) They monsoons do not reach them
- The monsoon starts retreating from India in
(c ) Mid-December
Ans:- (a) Mid-September
- Most of the precipitation in India is ________ in nature.
Ans:- (c) Orographic
- If the time of sunrise in Arunachal Pradesh is 6.00 am, what will be the probable time of sunrise in Saurashtra?
(a) 6.30 am
(b) 5.30 am
(c) 8.00 am
(d) 7.00 am
Ans:- (c) 8.00 am
- In which climatic region are Haryana and Punjab included?
(a) Humid subtropical, with dry winters
(d) Tropical evergreen forest
Ans:- (b) Steppe
- Which place receives the maximum solar energy in December?
Ans:- (d) Chennai
- The climate around Bikaner can be describe as
(a) Tropical monsoon
(b) Hot desert
(c) Mediterranean type
(d) Semi-arid steppe
Ans:- (b) Hot desert
- Which part of the country receives precipitation from the Bay of Bengal branch of the monsoons as well as the Arabian Sea Branch?
(a) West Bengal
(b) The Punjab Plains
(d) The Jharkhand plateau
Ans:- (b) The Punjab Plains
- The maximum daily range of temperature is likely be observe at
Ans:- (c) Delhi
23.Which soil swells when wet and develops cracks when dry?
Ans:- (c) Black
- Which soil owes its colour to oxides of iron?
(d) Forest soil
Ans:- (c) Laterite
- What Kind of soil predominates in the Sunderbans area
Ans:- (d) Alluvial
- Mountain soil contains a lot of
(c) Coarse material
(d) Iron and aluminium salts
Ans:- (c) Coarse material
- Which soil needs only little irrigation as it retains soil moisture?
Ans:- (a) Black
- Which state has very little area under alluvial soil?
(a) Tamil Nadu
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
Ans:- (c) Madhya Pradesh
- One area in which peaty soil is founded is
(a) The Kashmir Valley
(b) Madhya Pradesh
Ans:- (c) Uttaranchal
- An important cash crop of Punjab is
(c) Manila hemp
Ans:- (a) Cotton
- The chief characteristics of extensive are
(i) Large size of holdings
(ii) Highly labour intensive
(iii) Emphasis on mechanisation
(iv) Low Intensity of land use.
(a) i and ii
(b) ii, iii and iv
(c) I, iii and iv
(d) i, ii and iv
Ans:- (c) I, iii and iv
- What is the quality of basic slag, a byproduct of steel plants?
(a) It is a nitrogenous fertiliser
(b) It is a phosphatic fertiliser
(c) It is a potassic fertiliser
(d) It is a mixed fertiliser
Ans:- (b) It is a phosphatic fertiliser
- Which crop is most susceptible to root knot?
Ans:- (b) Tomato
- The disease called ‘black arm’ affects?
Ans:- (c) Cotton
- Wheat crop is susceptible to
(d) Brown leaf spot
Ans:- (a) Rust
- Which crop is affected by the disease called ‘blast’?
Ans:- (a) Rice
- Khaira is a plant disease caused due to deficiency of zinc. Which crop is affect ted most seriously by it?
Ans:- (a) Rice
- Which plant is adversely affected by the pest stem borer?
Ans:- (c) Rice
- What percentage of total number if Indian cattle belong to good breeds?
(a) About 15
(b) About 25
(c) About 50
(d) About 35
Ans:- (b) About 25
- Cattle belonging to the famous Gir breed are found mainly in.
(a) Haryana, Punjab and Rajasthan
(b) Gujarat, West Bengal and Tamil Nadu
(c) Maharashtra, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh
(d) Gujarat, Rajasthan and Maharashtra
Ans:- (d) Gujarat, Rajasthan and Maharashtra
- W hat does the word murrah refer to?
(a) A breed of cattle
(b) A breed of buffalo
(c) A breed of goat
(d) A breed of sheep
Ans:- (b) A breed of buffalo
- The Mehsana breed of buffalo is founded mainly in
(c) Uttar Pradesh
Ans:- (a) Gujarata
- Surti is breed of
Ans:- (b) Buffalo
- Rabies affects
(d) All animals
Ans:- (d) All animals
- About what percentage of the total cattle population of the world is accounted for by India?
Ans:- (b) 20
- Which crop is specially prone to bacterial blight?
Ans:- (a) Rice
- What is fog?
(a) A cumulonimbus cloud
(b) A low stratus cloud
(c) A cirro stratus cloud
(d) An altocumulus cloud
Ans:- (b) A low stratus cloud
- Hail consists of
(a) Granular ice
(b) Crystals of ice
(c) Water droplets
(d) Masses of ice with concentric layers
Ans:- (d) Masses of ice with concentric layers
- Rainfall caused due to the presence of mountains in the way of winds is called
(a) Orographic rain
(b) Cyclonic rain
(c) Convectional rain
(d) Advectional rain
Ans:- (a) Orographic rain
- Dew is caused when
(a) Humid air condenses than on cool surface
(b) The air is colder than the earth’s surface
(c) The sky is overcast at night
(d) The wind is too dry to cause rainfall
Ans:- (a) Humid air condenses than on cool surface