1. Grammar is his Achilles heel.
Ans:- Weak point
2. Which of the alternatives would best express the meaning of the word ‘BIZARRE’
3.What type of noun is the underline word? Wisdom is better than strength.
Ans:- Abstract noun
4. If I …… him, I…..give your message
Ans:- meet, will
5. Give one word for-Speaking to much of oneself.
6. Fill in the blank with appropriate word-He jumped….the horse.
7. Choose the correct spelt word.
8. Fill in the blank with correct conjunction, Change your ways…..there is time
9. Choose the correct masculine noun for the given femininc noun:vixen
10.Choose the correct meaning of the phrase:To peep into
Ans:- to look into
11.The car driver was arrested for rash driveng and his license was……by the police ( Fill in the blank with correct alternative)
12.Give one word substitution for-“A hater of learning and knowledge.”
13. ‘He did not think him to be a bad nab’-Make affirmative
Ans:- He thought him to be a bad man
14. What is the type of following sentence.Stop that noise at once.
15. Give plural of the word ‘medium’
16.Select the similar meaning of word-‘error’
17. Which of the following pairs has opposite meaning.
18.Potato wada is my favourite food. Hear ‘favourite’ means.
Ans:- Liked more than other Food
19. A person who writes books is called……
Ans:- an author
20.The people who use the internet are……
21. Fill in the blanks with the correct word in the following sentence.
22. What is the official counting of a country’s population called?
23. A Person who receive guests is a……
24. Write one word for the words ‘Not likely to happen’…..
25. Which of the following sentence is a wrong one?
Ans:- They have going
26.Choose the correct noun forms of fail, enchanged, cool, inviting.
Ans:- failure,enchantment, cold, invitation”
27. The first to come was Gangaram.(Use gangaram as the subject)
Ans:- Gangaram was the first to come.
28.Choose the wrongly matched pair.
29. Select the noun from of “anxious” and the adjective from of “distance”
30.He sent Tukaram in search of water.(Frame a wh-type question to get the underlined part on answer)
Ans:- what did he sent Tukaram?
31.Pick out the odd matching with reference to number.
32.Find out correct meaning of “Solitary”
33. Select the correct pair of the meaning of the word”value” and “veil”
Ans:- valley:covering of the face
34. Choose the correct word to complete the following sentence meaningfully. Sachin Tendulkar is an…….cricket player of India:
35. “She looks like a firl next door”-The underlined word in the above sentence functions as
Ans:- an adjective
36. Which of the following is the most opposite in meaning of the word “latent”?
37. Choose the adverb form of “Wisdom” from the following.
38. “Nepotism” means…..
Ans:- misuse of power
39. “Stoic” is a person…..
Ans:- who is indifferent to pain pleasure
40. Give synonym of “Dishy”
Ans:- sexually attractive
41. Fill in the blanks with the correct preposition. You shall refrain…….telling lies.
42. I have been loves mankind is called.
43. “Thing experience in the mind, but not in reality” means
44.Select the correct,order,from the alternative in which the articles should be placed in the following sentence.
It was…..windyevening but they hired…..boat and went for…..sail along…..Coast.
45. Fill in the blank .- He is a…….and that he draws a good salary.
46.”Ambidextrous” is a person who is……
Ans:- able to use both hands equally well
47. Pick out the wrong pair
1) Horse-stable 2) Lion-den 3) Dog-pen 4) Cat-Kitten
Ans:- 4) Cat-Kitten
48. Pick out the wrong adjective.
3) Death- Mortal
4) Earth- Earthal
Ans:- 4) Earth- Earthal
49. Select the correct antonym of ‘Pride’?
Ans:- 4) Shame
50.Complete the sentence by providing the correct adverbial from the following :
The factory was shut…….During the installation of new machinery.
1) away 2) down 3) out 4) off
Ans:- 2) down