1.Choose the correct comparative degree of the following pune is one of the biggest cities in India.
1) Pune is bigger than any other city in India
2) Pune is bigger than many other cities in India
3) No other city is as Pune.
4) Pune is bigger than all oyher cities in India
Ans:- 2) Pune is bigger than many other cities in India
2.The synonym of the word’absolutely’ is………
1) regularly 2) really 3) entirely 4) partially
Ans:- 3) entirely
3. The word grandsom is formed of two parts : Grand+SOn. Which of the following words does not correctly correspond to the formation ?
1) Monologue 2) Dialogue 3) Gossip 4) Prolong
Ans:- 3) Gossip
4. I…….that you have got a new car.
1) have heard 2) am hearing 3) am hearing 4) was hearing
Ans:- 2) am hearing
5. Fill in the blank with the appropriate adverb. He did not recognise her……she said they had met before.
1) despite 2) although 3) unless 4) however
Ans:- 2) although
6. The problem was into by a committee of experts. (Change the voice)
1) The problem is looked into by a committee of experts.
2) The problem was looked by a committee of experts.
3) A committee of experts had looked into the problem.
4) A committee of experts had looked into the problem.
Ans:- 3) A committee of experts had looked into the problem.
7. Do you like…….classical music?
1) Listen 2) Listening 3) Listened 4) to listen
Ans:- 2) Listening
8. Choose the correct synouym to the bracket word in the sentence. Ganesh,s (cold) behavior stunned me.
1) Passionless 2) Furious 3) Humanly 4) Cruel
Ans:- 1) Passionless
9. He gave me a chocolate. (Change the voice)
1) He given me a chocolate him by me.
2) A chocolate was given to me by him.
3) A chocolate is given to him by me.
4) I was given a chocolate by him.
Ans:- 2) A chocolate was given to me by him.
10.He inquired if the boys had done well.
1) He inquired if the boys had done well.
2) He asked whether the boys had done well.
3) He inquired if the boys has done well.
4) He asked if the boys have do well.
Ans:- 1) He inquired if the boys had done well.
11. She asked me if I would be there for the next ten minutes. (Change into direct speech)
1) She sais, “Will you be here for the next ten minutes?”
2) She asked, “Will I be here for the next ten minutes?”
3) She said, “Will you be there for the next ten minutes?”
4) She said, “Will be there for the next ten minutes?”
Ans:- 1) She sais, “Will you be here for the next ten minutes?”
12.Choose the correct sentence :
1) She is too pretty.
2) She is very pretty
3) She is too much pretty
4) She is much pretty
Ans:- 2) She is very pretty
13. Choose the correct adverb to fill in the blank…..he is down with flu, he can’t go to school.
1) When 2) Where 3) Why 4) Since
Ans:- 4) Since
14. Choose the antonym of the word:Remote
1) Close 2) Far 3) Long 4) Distant
Ans:- 1) Close
15. I don’t like friends telling me what to do. (Change the voice)
1) I not liked the friends talking me what to do.
2) Friends trlling me what to do are not liked by me.
3) Telling friend, what to do not liked by me.
4) What to do is not liked by me and my friends.
Ans:- 2) Friends trlling me what to do are not liked by me.
16.Sonu said, “Ram is hungry.” (Change into indirect speech)
1) Sonu said that Ram is hungry.
2) Sonu told that Ram would hungry.
3) Sonu told that Ram have hungry.
4) Sonu told that Ram was hungry.
Ans:- 4) Sonu told that Ram was hungry.
17. Which prefix is used in the the word : Autocrat, Autobiography, Autograph.
1) Auto 2) An 3) A 4) Aut
Ans:- 1) Auto
18. Choose the correct sentence.
1) As soon as the officer gave the order, the soldiers fire their guns.
2) As soon as the officer gives the order, the soldiers fired their guns.
3) As soon as the officer gave the order, the soldiers fired their guns.
4) As soon as the officer gave the order, the soldiers will fire their guns.
Ans:- 3) As soon as the officer gave the order, the soldiers fired their guns.
19.Which one of the following is the correctly spelt word?
1) dilogue 2) dialogue 3) dialague 4) dialague
Ans:- 2) dialogue
20.Choose the correct preposition to fill in the blank. I have eaten nothing….yesterday.
1) for 2) until 3) since 4) till
Ans:- 3) since
21. Complete the sentence “Where is pete from?”…….American or British?”
1) are he 2) he had 3) Is he 4) he was
Ans:- 3) Is he
22. Choose the correct alternative “……you tomorrow? Yes, OK.”
1) Do I phone 2) Am I going to phone
3) Shall I phone 4) I phone
Ans:- 3) Shall I phone
23. Choose the correct alternative “What ….next weekend?Nothing special. Why?”
1) do you do 2) are you doing 3) will you do 4) are we do
Ans:- 2) are you doing
24. Choose the correct alternative “I want to meet Sarah at the station. What time…..?”
1) does her train arrive
2) is her traing going to arrive
3) is her train arriving
4) traing arrved
Ans:- 1) does her train arrive
25. Complete the sentences ‘I……this pen on the floor. Is it yours?”
1) find 2) found 3) finding 4) founded
Ans:- 2) found
26. When you
P) Which one is closed in meaning
Q) read the four sentence in your text book decide
R) to the statement you have heard
S) hear a statement
1) SRPQ 2) SQPR 3) SPQR 4) QPSR
Ans:- 2) SQPR
27. 1) Thick glass may
P) Which are available
Q) of the home bottle-cuttlers
R)in many large stores,but any fine
S) be cut with one
6) galss requires personal attention
1)PSRQ 2)QPSR 3) RQSP 4) SQPR
Ans:- 4) SQPR
28. 1) There is a fashion now -a-days
P) as an evil
Q) who is born with a silver spoon
R) in his mouth
S) and to pity the youngman
6) in his mouth
1) PSEQ 2) RPSQ 3) RSQP 4) SPRQ
Ans:- 2) RPSQ
29.1) Atypical Prakash Padukone day
P) or even a game of tennis
Q) starts off
R) on some days
S) with an early morning
1) QSPR 2) QSRP 3) RPSQ 4) RSQP
Ans:- 1) QSPR
30.1) Long, long, time ago
P) who lived with his virtuous wife
Q) in a country called chichinchoo
R) there ruled a noble king
S) and seven daughters
6) pretty,graceful and well-versed in fine arts.
1) PSRQ 2) QRPS 3) RPSQ 4) SQRP
Ans:- 2) QRPS
31.1) Those who
P) expect oyhers
Q) cannot treat
R) should not
S) others well
6) to treat them well.
1) QPRS 2) QSRP 3) RPQS 4) SRPQ
Ans:- 2) QSRP
P) was a disciple of Aristotle
Q) who was a great conqueror
R) whom the wrold acknowledges as the greatest philisopher
S) the world has ever known
1) PQSR 2) QPRS 3) RPQS 4) SPQR
Ans:- 2) QPRS
33.1)WHen I reached my office
P) to get home early
Q) I phoned my mother
R) that I Wouldn’t be able
S) to sell her
6) as I had promissed
1) PQRS 2) QSRP 3) RPQS 4) SQPR
Ans:- 2) QSRP
34. 1) The department has initiated steps.
P) from the corporate sector
Q) to evolve appropriate svhemes.
R) and fiancial instiutions for
S) for mobilising investment
6) the development of wastelands.
1) PRSQ 2) QPSR 3) QSPR 4) RPSQ
Ans:- 3) QSPR
35. Which one of the following sentence is grammatically correct?
1) Those books are of I
2) Those books are my
3) Those books are mine
4) Those books are I’s.
Ans:- 3) Those books are mine
36.Select the correct meaning of ‘give up’ from those given below.
1) take down 2) abandon 3) bear 4) donate
Ans:- 2) abandon
37. Give the meaning of ‘To call it a day’.
1) To have a good day
2) To work all the day
3) To have a free day
4) To stop doing work of the day.
Ans:- 4) To stop doing work of the day.
38.’A queer fish’ means-
1) A good person
2) A bad person
3) An eccentric person
4) A soft person
Ans:- 3) An eccentric person
39.’A red letter day’ means-
1) bloods day
2) shining sun
3) red letters
4) auspicious (Fortunate) day
Ans:- 4) auspicious (Fortunate) day
40.A moidextrous is a person who is…….
1) unable to use both his hands.
2) able to use right hand better than keft hand
3) able to use right hand better than left hand
4) able to use both hands equally well.
Ans:- 4) able to use both hands equally well.
41. Fill in the blank-A remedy for all diseases is called…..
1) Panacea 2) Medicia 3) Cure 4) Remedia
Ans:- 1) Panacea
42. Select the correct meaning of the underlined word.
Murder can be a Capital offence
1) eccellent 2) chief 3) punishable by death
Ans:- 3) punishable by death
43.Give the correct word for the phrase the system of Government by paid officials’
1) aristocracy 2) technocracy 3) bureaucracy
Ans:- 3) bureaucracy
44. Choose the correct alternative ‘franchise’ means……
1) french goods 2) study of the the french languages
3) the right to vote at elections
4) foregn goods
Ans:- 3) the right to vote at elections
45. Select the correct antonym of ‘faultless’
1) defective 2)flawless 3) perfect 4) accurate
Ans:- 1) defective
46. Fill inthe blank with correct alternative-
WWhen sunil heard the news of his selection in Hockey team, he felt…….
1) exhausted 2) Who 3) Whom 4) none of these
Ans:- 3) Whom
47. Choose the correct alternative to complete the sentence-
It……..continuously since six O’clock this morning.
1) is raining 2) have rained
3) has been raing 4) had been raining
Ans:- 3) has been raing
48. Choose the correct preposition to fill in the blank.
I have been living here……1972
1) from 2) since 3) for 4) during
Ans:- 2) since
49. Pick out correct pronoun to fill in the blanks in the following sentence-
I tell my wife all……..happens in my college.
1) which 2) what 3) whatever 4) that
Ans:- 4) that
50. The idiom- ‘A fish out of water’ means-
1) uneasy (uncomfortable) position
2) good man
3) of noble birth
4) blue blood in colour
Ans:- 1) uneasy (uncomfortable) position