Fill in the blanks with appropriate phrasal Verbs –
- I cannot remember his name.
= Call up
- The match between India and Pakisthan has been postponed due to rain.
= Put off
- Rambabu breathed his last yesterday evening.
= Passed away
- The proposal was rejected by the president.
= Turned down
- Don’t emit smokes hear children.
= give off
- He was a man not to surrender.
= give in
- Chocolates were distributed among the students.
= given away
- Don’t hate the poor and hungry.
= look down upon
- If you want to be a winner, you must tolerate many people.
=put up with
- Rahul Babu is not a mathematician but he can solve sums easily.
= Work out
- He cannot understand the sense of the question.
= make out
- CBI is investigating the matter seriously.
- Cholera spread out in the village last year.
- The meeting between Directions and labourers has been cancelled.
- Every body should obey the traffic rules.
= abide by