1.The Governor of a State is
(1) the head of the State
(2) the head of the Government
(3) the head of the Legislature
(4) the head of the State and Government
Ans:- (2) the head of the Government
2.Which one of the following statements about the Advocate General of the State is
not correct ?
(1) He is appointed by the Governor.
(2) He must be a person who is qualified to be appointed as a judge of a High
(3) He holds office during the pleasure of the Governor.
(4) The term of ofice of the Advocate General is five years.
Ans:- (3) He holds office during the pleasure of the Governor.
3.Who is the ex-officio Secretary of the Standing Committee of Zilla Parishad ?
(1) Chief Executive Officer
(2) Additional Chief Executive Offlcer
(3) Deputy Chief Executive Officer
(4) Executive Enrrineer
Ans:- (2) Additional Chief Executive Offlcer
4.How many number of members are required to be elected to the Legislative Council
by the Graduates ?
(1) 1/3rd of the total members of the Council
(2) l/6th of the total members of the Council
(3) l/2 of the total members of the Council
(4) 1/12th of the total members of the Council
Ans:- (3) l/2 of the total members of the Council
5.At which of the following places was the goth Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya
Sammelan held from 3d to !jth Feb. 2017 ?
Ans:- (2) Dombivali
6.In which of the following years, was the Treaty of Peace and Friendship signed
between the Government of India and the Government of Nepal ?
1) 1962 2) 1950 3) 1972 4) 1955
Ans:- 3) 1972
7.The object of ‘Look East’ policy is
(1) To increase trade and cultural relations with East Asian countries
(2) To play an important role in the Cold War
(3) Strategic extension in East Asian countries
(4) Strengthen relations with China
Ans:- (4) Strengthen relations with China
8.’One Belt One Road’ (OBOR) project is an ambitions programme of the Government
(4) Sri Lanka
Ans:- (4) Sri Lanka
9.In which country is the ‘AIF Dam’, formerly known as ‘Salma Dam’ situated ?
Ans:- (2) Afghanistan
10.Which one of the following countries is not a member of the ‘Multi-Sectoral
Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) ?
(1) Pakistan (2) Bhutan (3) Myanmar (4) Nepal
Ans:- (1) Pakistan
11. Match the pairs :
Justice Chief Justice of
which High Court
a. Manjula Chellur I. Calcutta
b. G. Rohini II. Madras
c. Indira Bane rjee III. Delhi
d. Nishita Mhatre IV. Mumbai
a b c d
1) I II III Iv
2) IV III II I
3) IV II III I
4) IV I II III
Ans:- 1) I II III Iv
12.Who amongst the following was appointed as the Chairman of the ‘National
Commission for Scheduled Castes’ ?
(1) Mohanbhai Kundaria
(2) Sanwar La1 Jat
(3) Ram Shankar Katheria
(4) Mansukhbhai Vasava
Ans:- (4) Mansukhbhai Vasava
13. Which of the following is not the object of ‘TECH INDIA’ in the Budget 2017 -18 ?
(1) To change the quality of governance and livelihood of public.
(2) To strengthen foreign relations.
(3) To strengthen the youth and weaker sections of the society.
(4) Eradication of black money and corruption
Ans:- (2) To strengthen foreign relations.
14.Which is not included in the “Pradhanmantri Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana” ?
(1) To open savings account in the name of girls
(2) 50% of amount can be withdrawn for marriage and education of a girl after
completion of 18 years
(3) Deposits can be made for 14 years
(4) Minimum depbsit is RS 100
Ans:- (2) 50% of amount can be withdrawn for marriage and education of a girl after
completion of 18 years
15.Which country’s record is broken by ISRO by launching 104 satellites ?
(1) China (2) USA (3) Russia (4) France
Ans:- (3) Russia
16.Which of the following colleges was started at Mumbai by Dr. Babasaheb Anlbedkar
through the People’s Education Society ?
(1) Milind College
(2) Elphinstone College
(3) Siddhartha College
(4) Mahatma Phule College
Ans:- (4) Mahatma Phule College
17.Where was Rajarshi Chhatrapatti Shahu Maharaj sent for his higher education ?
(1) Mumbai (2) Calcutta (3) Hajkot (4) Baroda
Ans:- (1) Mumbai
18.Which award was given to Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Kame in 1919 by the
(3) Bharat Putra
Ans:- (4) Maharshi
19.Arrange the following associations in correct chronological order:
a. Indian Association
b. Bombay Association
c. Pune Sarvajanik Sabha
d. Madras Mahajana Sabha
(1) b, c, a, d (2) a, b, c, d (3) b, c, d, a (4) d, c, b, a
Ans:- (3) b, c, d, a
20.________was commonly known as Lokhitawadi.
(1) Govind Vitthal Kunte
(2) Gopal Hari Deshmukh
(3) Vishnushastri Pandit
(4) Gopal Ganesh Agarkar
Ans:- (3) Vishnushastri Pandit
21. Which Act ended East India Company’s monopoly over trade with India ?
(1) The Charter Act of 1813
(2) The Charter Act of 1833
(3) The Charter Act of 1853
(4) The Charter Act of 1873
Ans:- (1) The Charter Act of 1813
22.Who gave the call ‘Back to the Vedas’ ?
(1) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(2) Swami Vivekanand
(3) Dayanand Saraswiti
(4) Dr. Atmaram Pandurang
Ans:- (1) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
23.Who started the Home Rule Movement ?
(1) Annie Besant and Lokmanya Tilak
(2) Namdar Gokhale and Annie Besant
(3) Justice Ranade and Lokmanya Tilak
(4) Dadabhai Naoroji and Annie Besant
Ans:- (2) Namdar Gokhale and Annie Besant
24.Which workers association did Narayan Lokhande establish in Mumbai ?
(1) Bombay Labour Union
(2) Bombay Workers Association
(3) Bombay Hawkers Union
(4) Bombay Mill Hands Association
Ans:- (4) Bombay Mill Hands Association
25.Who from the following was not a part of Arnbapani revolt ?
(1) Kaji Singh
(2) Bhagoji Naik
(3) Daulat Singh
(4) Kalu Bhiva
Ans:- (1) Kaji Singh
26._________, Phule’s neighbour forced him to go to school.
(1) Gafar Beg Munshi
(2) Sarvajanik Kaka
(3) M.G. Ranade
(4) Sadiq Ali
Ans:- (2) Sarvajanik Kaka
27.Up to 1912_______established 23 schools for the untouchables and some of them
were out of Maharashtra.
(1) Dr. B.R. Arnbedkar
(2) Shahu Maharaj
(3) Vitthal R. Shinde
(4) Jyotiba Phule
Ans:- (3) Vitthal R. Shinde
28.Which of the following acts was made for Child Labour during the British
(1) The Factory Ad
(2) The Labour Act
(3) The Child Labour Act
(4) None of the above
Ans:- (3) The Child Labour Act
29.Who started the Permanent Land Revenue System in India ?
(1) Lord Dalhousie
(2) Lord Hastings
(3) Lord Curzon
(4) Lord Cornwallis
Ans:- (3) Lord Curzon
30.Who established the ‘Depressed Classes Mission’ in Mumbai ?
(1) Karmveer Bhaurao Patil
(2) Karmveer Vitthal Ramji Shinde
(3) Mahatma Jyotiba Phule
(4) Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Kame
Ans:- (3) Mahatma Jyotiba Phule
31.Whose description is given in the following sentences ?
a. He was born on 6 July 1837 at Malvan.
b. He belonged to the first batch of graduates from the University of Mumbai.
c. He was interested in the study of English language and literature, History and
d. He was appointed as Professor of Sanskrit at the Deccan College at Poona in
1882. He was the first Indian to hold this post.
( 1 ) G.G. Agarkar
(2) B.H. Bhagwat
(3) R.G. Bhandarkar
(4) K.T. Telang
Ans:- (4) K.T. Telang
32.As per 2011 Census, arrange the following districts of Maharashtra in descending
order as per their population density :
(1) Mumbai City – Thane – Mumbai Suburban – Pune
(2) Mumbai Suburban – Mumbai City – Pune – Thane
(3) Mumbai Suburban – Mumbai City – Thane – Pune
(4) Mumbai City – Mumbai Suburban – Thane – Pune
Ans:- (3) Mumbai Suburban – Mumbai City – Thane – Pune
33.What is the total length of the Konkan Railway in Maharashtra ?
(1) 300 km
(2) 350 km
(3) 720 km
(4) 382 km
Ans:- (3) 720 km
34.Which of the following is the largest fresh water lake in India ?
(3) Hussain Sagar
Ans:- (1) Dal
35. Match the following :
Places of Heavy Rainfall Districts
a. Amboli I. Raigarh
b. Matheran II. Kolhapur
c. Khandala III. Sindhudurg
d. Gaganbawada Iv. Pune
a b c d
1) I II III IV
2) II III IV I
3) III I IV II
4) IV III II I
Ans:- 2) II III IV I
36.Which of the following types of soil covers the highest total area of India ?
(1) Black soil
(2) Red soil
(3) Alluvial soil
(4) Mountain soil
Ans:- (3) Alluvial soil
37.Which State of India had the lowest density of population in the 2011 Census ?
(3) Arunachal Pradesh
Ans:- (3) Arunachal Prades
38.Which of the following is the prime source of irrigation in Maharashtra ?
(1) Canal irrigation
(2) Lake irrigation
(3) Well imgation
(4) Lift irrigation
Ans:- (1) Canal irrigation
39.The Narmada river has deep, narrow gorges and waterfalls.
a. It flows through the rift valley.
b. The eastern basin of Narmada has more rainfall than the western basin.
c. Burnhar, Banjor, Sher, Tawa, Hirna, Barna are the tributaries.
Which of the statements given above islare correct ?
(1) a only (2) a and b only (3) b and c only (4) All of the above
Ans:- (1) a only
40.The shortest border that India shares is with which of the following countries ?
Ans:- (3) Afghanistan