1. Which one of the following is not a Fundamental Duty prescribed in the Constitution of India?
a) To value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture
b) To protect and improve the natural environment
c) To safeguard public property and abjure violence
d) To promote international peace and security
Ans:- d) To promote international peace and security
2. The First Schedule of the Constitution of iNDIA CONSISTS OF
a) A list of State and Union Territories of India
b) The Union and State Lists
d) Acts outside the purview of judicial review
Ans:- a) A list of State and Union Territories of India
3.Which one of the following statements is not correct about the Right to Constitutional Remedies under Article 32 of the Constitution of India?
a) It is a right for the enforcement of Fundamental Rights.
b) The Supreeme Court has the power to issue write under this provision.
c) The rights guaranteed by this Article cannot be suspended.
d) The Parliament can empower any other court to exercise the powers of issuing write under this provision
Ans:- c) The rights guaranteed by this Article cannot be suspended.
4.In which one of the following Articles, does the Constitution of India abilish ‘untouchability’ and its practice in any form?
a) Article 17
b) Article 18
c) Article 19
d) Article 15
Ans:- a) Article 17
5.Which one of the following is not a right guaranteed by Article 19 of the Constitution of India?
a) Freedom of speech and expression
b) Freedom to prectice any profession
c) Freedom to follow a religion of one’s choice
d) Freedom to fotm associations or unions
Ans:- c) Freedom to follow a religion of one’s choice
6. which one of the following is not one of the modes of acquisition of citizenship under the Citizenship Act, 1955?
c) Incorporation of territory
d) Overseas citizenship/dual citizenship
Ans:- d) Overseas citizenship/dual citizenship
7. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
a) Lord North : Regulating Act of 1773
b) Lord Cornwallis : Permanent Settlement
c) Lord Bentinck : Abolition of Sati
d) Lord Canning : Minute on Indian Education
Ans:- d) Lord Canning : Minute on Indian Education
8.Which one of the following statements about the Bhakti movement in India is not correct?
a) Ramanuja taught at the Meenakshi temple of Madurai.
b) The founder of Madhava sect was a Kanarese Brahmin.
c) Telug Brahmin Nimbarka settled near Mathura and greatly influenced the Bhakti movement.
d) Impact of Sahajiyas, Tantrics and Nathyogis led to the development of North Indian Sant tradition.
Ans:- a) Ramanuja taught at the Meenakshi temple of Madurai.
9. Which one of the following does not describe one part of the classic Hindu temple?
Ans:- c) Tribhanga
10. Which one of the following propted the Mughals to enter into trade negotiations with the English inthe early 17th centuary?
a) The English victory over the Portuguese fleet off Swally in 1612
b) The gifts sent by the Engligh king to the Mughal emperor
c) The dipliomatic skills of william Hawkins
d) The skills of Sir Thomas Roe
Ans:- a) The English victory over the Portuguese fleet off Swally in 1612
11. Which one among the following temple is the ear;liest in time?
a) The sun Temple at Martand
b) The jandial Temple
c) The Gupta Temple at deogarh
d) The Kailasanatha Temple at Kanchipuram
Ans:- b) The jandial Temple
12. Which one of the following periods in the history of Indian planning has not been a period of Annual Plans?
Ans:- d) 1992-97
13.At 8:30am, the angle between the minute and hour hands is
Ans:- b) 75*
14. How many times will the digit 5 come in counting from 1 to 99, excluding those numbers which are divisible by 3?
Ans:- c) 14
15. X paid Rs 47 for certain cups of tea and coffee. If tea costs Rs 5 per cup and coffee costs Rs8 per cup, which one of the following statements is correct ?
a) He drank 8 cups of tea and coffee.
b) He drunk the same number of cups of tea and coffee.
c) He drunk more tea than coffee.
d) He drunk more coffee than tea
Ans:- d) He drunk more coffee than tea
16. In a certain year, a school had 60% boys and 40% girls as satudents. In the next five years the numbers of boys decreased by 10% and the number of girls increased by 10%. What is the change in total roll strength of the school in the five years ?
a) 3% increase
b) 2% decrease
c) No change
d) 5% decrease
Ans:- b) 2% decrease
17. Given that 1st November 2019 is a Friday. Then 1st November 2022 is a
Ans:- b) Tuesday
18. The sum of two numbers is 143. If the greater number is divided by the difference of the numbers, the quotient is 7. What is the difference of the two numbers?
Ans:- b) 11
19. match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists :
List I List II
A. Lucknow 1. Ganga
B. Jabalpur 2. Tapti
C. Surat 3. Narmada
D. Patna 4. Gomti
A B C D
a) 1 2 3 4
b) 4 3 2 1
c) 1 3 2 4
d) 4 2 3 1
20.Gir National Park is famous for
c) Migratory birds
d) One-horn rhinoceros
Ans:- b) Loin
a) A very warm and dry wind on the estern slopes of the Rockies
b) A violent and extremely cold wind of the Tundras
c) An extremely cold wind in central Siberia
d) A dry and dusty wind off the west coast of Africa blowing fron the deserts
Ans:- a) A very warm and dry wind on the estern slopes of the Rockies
22. The following are the major peaks of the Himalayas. Arrange them from higher to lower altitudes :
2. Nanga Parbat
3. Nanda Devi
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
Ans:- a) 1-4-2-3
23. Longest day/night is experienced during a year in the
c) Tropics of Cancer/Capricorn
d) Arctic/Antarctic Circle
Ans:- b) Pole
24.Newton’s law of motion cannot be applicable to the particles moving at a spped comparable to the speed of
d) bulleet train
Ans:- a) light
25. Bose-Einstein Condansate (BEC) is formed by cooling a gas extremely low density, about one-hundred-thousandth the density of normal air. This is treated as
a) II state of matter
b) III state of matter
c) IV state of matter
d) V state of matter
Ans:- d) V state of matter
26.The phenomenon of change of a liquid into vapours at any temperature is know as evaporation, which takes place
a) at its boiling point
b) above its boiling point
c) below its boiling point
d) at room temperature
Ans:- c) below its boiling point
27. Automobiles are fitted with a device that shows the distance travelled. Such a device is known as
Ans:- c) Odometer
28. Which one of the following non-metals is present in solid state ?
Ans:- b) Boron
29. Which one of the following statementsa about air is correct?
a) Air is a compound.
b) Air is a mixture.
c) Air is an element.
d) Air always has more oxygen. than nitrogen.
Ans:- b) Air is a mixture.
30. Which one of the following cities hosted the first International Agrobiodiversity Congress in the month of November 1016?
a) New Delhi
Ans:- a) New Delhi
31. World Science Day for Peace and Development (organiosed by UNESCO) is celebrated worldwide on 10th November every year. Which one of the following was the theme for the year 2016?
a) Quality Science Education : ensuring a sustainable future for all
b) Science for the rapprochement of people and cultures
c) Celebrating Science Centres and Science Museums
d) Science for a Sustainable Future
Ans:- c) Celebrating Science Centres and Science Museums
32.Which of the following statements with regard to the Pradhan m,antri Yuva Yojana is/are correct?
1. This is a scheme on entrepreneurship education and training.
2. The scheme spans over a period of five years (2016-17 to 2020-21) with a project cost around Rs 500 crore.
Select the correct answwer using the code given below :
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
Ans:- c) Both 1 and 2
33.The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, in November 2016, has constituted a four-member team for conservation and management of which one of the following lakes?
a) Dal Lake, Jammu and Kasjmir
b) Damdama Lake, Haryana
c) Loktak Lake, Manipur
d) Chilika Lake, Odisha
Ans:- c) Loktak Lake, Manipur
34.Which one of the following statements about the Union Council of Ministers is not correct?
a) The Prime Minister is the Head of the Council of Ministers.
b) The Council of Ministers advises the President in the exercise of his function.
c) The President can ask the Council of Ministers to reconsider any advice.
d) The advice given by the Council of Ministers is subject to judicial scrutiny.
Ans:- d) The advice given by the Council of Ministers is subject to judicial scrutiny.
35.Which one of the following statements with regard to the Preamble to the Constitution of India is not correct?
a) The Preamble is a part of the Constitution.
b) It states the objective of the Constitution.
c) The word ‘Socialist’ was added to the Preamble in 1976.
d) The word ‘Secular’ was always a part of the Preamble.
Ans:- d) The word ‘Secular’ was always a part of the Preamble.
36. Which one of the following statements with rergards to the right to freedom of religion in the Indian is not correct?
a) This right gives all persons freedom of conscience.
b) It does not permit educational institution maintained entirely by State funds to impart religious instructions.
c) It prevents the State from making a law providing for social welfare and reforms.
d) The reference to Hindu includes Sikhs, Jains and Buddhists.
Ans:- c) It prevents the State from making a law providing for social welfare and reforms.
37. The provision for a Uniform Civil code4 exists in which of the following parts of the Constitution of India?
a) Fundamental Rights
b) Directive Principles of State Policy
d) Fundamental Duties
Ans:- b) Directive Principles of State Policy
38. Which one of the following statements with regard to the Amendment of the Constitution of India is not correct?
a) An Amendment Bill may be introdeced in either Hiuse of the Parliament.
b) The Amendment Bill must be passed by at least two-third of the members of each House present and voting.
c) The State Legislatures are not required to tatify an Amendment Bill.
d) The President of India cannot return an Amendment Bill for reconsideration.
Ans:- c) The State Legislatures are not required to tatify an Amendment Bill.
39.Which one os the following statement’s about the founding of the Indian National Congress is correct?
a) It was founded in December 1885 by seventy-two political workers.
b) It was founded in December 1885 under the leadership of David Hume.
c) It was founded in Lahore.
d) Lord Macaulay was the Viceroy of India at the time of its founding.
Ans:- a) It was founded in December 1885 by seventy-two political workers.
40. In which one of the following edicts is the name ‘Ashoka’ inscribed?
a) Shahbazgarhi major rock edict
b) Minor rock edict – I at Maski
c) Dhauli major rock edict
d) Kandahar pillar edict
Ans:- b) Minor rock edict – I at Maski
41.In ancient India, Mehrgarh was a
a) neolithic site in the Bolan Valley
b) graveyard of the Delhi Sultans
c) Kingdom in the Deccan area
d) fort in Rajasthan
Ans:- a) neolithic site in the Bolan Valley
42. mahavivhasa, an encyclopaedia of Buddhist philosophy is the work of which Buddhist Council?
a) First Council
b) Second Council
c) Third Council
d) Fourth Council
Ans:- d) Fourth Council
43.’A’ and ‘B’ can complete a work in 2 hours and 55 minutes. ‘A’ alone can do the work two hours faster than ‘B” alone can. How long will ‘B’ take to do the work alone?
a) 2 hours and 10 minutes
b) 4 hours and 10 minutes
c) 5 hours
d) 7 hours
Ans:- d) 7 hours
44.The rabbit population in community A increases at 25% per year while that in community B increases at 50% per year. If the present populations of A band B are equal, what will be the ratio of the number of rabbits in community B to that in community A after 2 years?
Ans:- a) 1-44
45.What is the number of all possible positive integer values of ‘n’ for which n2+96 is a perfect square ?
Ans:- b) 4
46.The sum of two positive integers is 52 and their LCM is 168. What is the ratio between the numbers?
a) 2 : 3
b) 5 : 4
c) 7 : 6
d) 7 : 8
Ans:- c) 7 : 6
47. The volcanic island ‘Barren Island’ is located in
Ans:- b) India
48. Which one among the following is the oldest nuclear power plant in India?
Ans:- b) Tatapur
49.The Headquarters of Central Railways Zone of Indian Railways is located at
Ans:- b) Mumbai
50.Match List I with list II and select correct answer using the code given below the lists :
List I List II
(Wildlife Sanctuaries) (State)
A. Mahananda 1. Odisha
B. Malabar 2. Tamil Nadu
C. Satyamangalam 3. West Bengal
D. Lakhari Valley 4. Kerala
A B C D
a) 1 2 4 3
b) 1 4 2 3
c) 3 4 2 1
d) 3 2 4 1
Ans:- c) 3 4 2 1