MPSC Tax Assistant in Sales Tax Department, Group-A Chief Examination – 2017 Question Paper
- Identify the unit in which there is an error:
Many people are painting their houses white these days
(a) (b) (c)
(1) Only – (a)
(2) Only – (b)
(3) Only – (c)
(4) No error
- Change the following into interrogative:
‘She drew a picture’.
(1) Was she drawing an picture?
(2) Have she drawn a picture?
(3) Did she draw a picture?
(4) Has she draw a picture?
- Fill in the blank with the correct form of the tense given in bracket. Reena did not go to school yesterday as she _____ . (Finish) her homework.
(1) Had not finished
(2) Have not finished
(3) Has not finished
(4) Will not finished
- Identify the correct figure of speech h the given lines.
Alone, alone, all, all alone
Alone on a wide, wide sea
- Change the following into indirect specch :
She said to him, “I know you.”
(1) She said to him that I knew him.
(2) She said to him that she knew me.
(3) She said to him that she knew him.
(4) She said to him that she knows him.
- Choose the most suitable word opposite in meaning of the word:
- Find out the incorrect sentence from the following:
(1) Fifty thousand rupees is a big amount.
(2) Ten miles are not a short distance.
(3) Five years is a long period.
(4) One of the books is damaged.
- Complete the following sentence by choosing the correct phrasal verb:
She is very strong. She does not ______ easily.
(1) Give in
(2) Give UP
(3) Give out
(4) Give away
- Choose the right option for the following underlined idiom. I am prepared to meet you half-way.
(1) Come to discuss with you.
(2) Come to a compromise with you.
(3) Come to celebrate with you.
(4) Come to fight with you.
- U in the blank with correct preposition:
He has been in hospital ______ last week.
- Fill the blanks from the options given below.
It _______ already _______ raining when I _______ an umbrella.
- Choose the correct option to fill in the blank:
My eyes are aching now because I ______ since morning.
(1) Am reading
(2) Have read
(3) Have been reading
- Identify the part of speech of the underlined word:
He is an && boy, he does not work.
- Select the word which means the same as the following group of words:
‘One who does not believe in God’.
- Complete the following sentence by using the correct option:
Man is related to shout i11 the same way crow is related to _______.
- Find out the word that is misspelt:
- A word is spelt in four different ways, out of which only one is correct. Find the correctly spelt word :
- Kolkata is more populous than most other cities of India. Which of the following option is correctly converted from the above sentence,
(1) Kolkata is the most popular city of India.
(2) There is no other city in India as populous as Kolkata.
(3) Some other cities of India are not more populous than Kolkata.
(4) Kolkata is one of the most populous cities of India.
- Choose the correct word which expresses the meaning of the underlined word in the following sentence:
She looked at the physically challenged children with contempt.
- Fill in the blank by choosing the correct alternative:
Is that my book, or is it _______ ?
(4) Your’s book
- Choose the correct pair of articles to kill in the blanks:
He was _____ honest man but ______ people in the neighborhood did not like him.
(1) a, the
(2) the, a
(3) an, the
(4) the, the
- Choose the right option given below. Convert the following into indirect speech.
“Have you finished your lesson, Hari ?” Said Mr. Sharma to his son.
(1) Mr. Sharma said to Hari if he had finished his lesson.
(2) Mr. Sharma said to his son Hari that have you finished your lesson.
(3) Mr. Sharma asked his son Hari whether he had finished his lesson.
(4) Mr. Sharma enquired of his son Hari that whether had he finished his lesson.
- Arrange the following sentences in proper sequence.
(a) He gives raw materials for many industries.
(b) If the agriculture fails, the industry fails and the whole national economy collapses.
(c) The farmer is the very backbone of our national economy.
(d) He gives food to the nation.
(1) (c), (a), (d), (b)
(2) (d), (b), (c), (a)
(3) (c), (d), (a), (b)
(4) (d), (d), (a), (c)
- Fill in the blank with the correct word from the given options :
Walking twenty kilometers non-stop is quite a ______ .
- Choose the meaning of the underlined idiom : She’s a great singer. She’ll make it big one day.
(1) become rich
(2) become famous
(3) become popular
(4) make the record
- Identify the unit in which there is an error :
There is Several reasons for your mistakes.
(a) (b) (c)
(1) only – (a) (2) only – (b) (3) only – (c)
(4) No error
- Choose the alternative that indicates correct meaning of the underlined word :
Inspite of the financial constraint, Vishal started his business and very soon became a
- Pick oul the correct sentence from the following :
(a) The drought in this year is very serious.
(b) What has he been doing from Tuesday ?
(c) He will return at midnight.
(d) 1 met him on lasl Monday.
Answer options :
(1) (a) and (b) are correct
(2) (c) and (d) are correct
(3) only (c) is correct
(4) only (c) is incorrect
- Identify the kind of sentence given below :
She must weep or she will die.
(1) Simple sentence
(2) Compound sentence
(3) Complex sentence
(4) Compound – Complex sentence
- Fill in the blank with appropriate pair of prepositions :
Jawaharlal Nehru was born Allahabad Uttar Pradesh.
(1) at, in
(2) in, at
(3) in, from
(4) in, in
- Fill in the blank with the correct phrasal verb from the given optioils :
I was his behaviour.
(1) shocked for
(2) shocked on
(3) shocked from
(4) shocked at
- Which of the following pairs of antonyms is incorrect :
(a) Accept x Reject (b) BIoom x Fade
(c) Defend x Suspend (d) Progress x Regress
Answer options :
(1) (a) only
(2) (a) and (b)
(3) (c) only
(4) (c) and (d)
- Fill in the blank :
My Father me to go to picnic with my friends.
- Fill in the blank with the correct word choosing from the given options :
The of our house was leaking because of heavy rain.
- Choose the right option for the following underlined idiom.
Today he is in high spirits.
- Identify the correct meaning of the expression :viz.
(3) In fact
(4) In short
- Identify the correct sentence from the following :
(1) Death is preferable than dishonour.
(2) Death is preferable to dishonour.
(3) Dying is preferable to dishonour.
(4) Dying is most preferable to dishonour.
- Choose from the given alternatives the word which is opposite in meaning of the underlined word :
He issues only verbal orders to escape the inquiry against those orders in future.
- Identify the correct and incorrect sentence from the following :
(a) One of the boys told me about Asha’s result.
(b) He has only one woolen trouser.
Answer options :
(1) (a) is correct (b) is incorrect
(2) (b) is correct (a) is incorrect
(3) Both (a) and (b) are correct
(4) Both (a) and (b) are incorrect
- ________ established parallel government in Satara during the Quit India Movement.
(1) Nardev Shastri
(2) Umaji Naik
(3) Ganpatrao Kathle
(4) Nana Patil
- Who are known as ‘Brothers-in-Law’ ?
(a) Phirozshah Mehta – Badmddin Tayyabaji – Kashinath Telang
(b) Dinsha Wachha – Dadabhai Nauroji – Shivram Sathe
(c) Ramchandra Sane – Shitaram Chiplunkar – Gopalkrishna Gokhale
(d) Krishnaji Nulkar – Narayan Chandavarkar – Gangaram Maske
Which of the statement/s given above is/are correct ?
(1) (a) and (b) only
(2) (a), (b) and (d) only
(3) (a) only
(4) (a) and (c) only
- Who started the weekly, stating that what is your name ? Mutiny. What is our work ? Mutiny. Where will Mutiny break out ? In India ?
(2) Dhurnketu (Comet)
- On the basis of size of the geographical area, identify the correct option arranged with the order from small to large size district. Choose that option for the correct answer.
(1) Hingoli – Sindhudurg – Gondia – Nandurbar
(2) Hingoli – Gondia – Sindhudurg – Nandurbar
(3) Sindhudurg – Hingoli – Nandurbar – Gondia
(4) Sindhudurg – Gondia – Hingoli – Nandurbar
- Which industry is found at Nagbhid in Chandrapur ?
(2) Resham cloth
(3) Wood toys
(4) Blanket (chadri)
- According to the Department of Agriculture, Government of Maharashtra data of 9.11.17, which of the following two divisions received more than 90% rainfall to their normal rainfall between June 2017 and October 2017 ?
(1) Pune and Nagpur
(2) Pune and Amravati
(3) Konkan and Nasik
(4) Aurangabad and Nagpur
- According to the report of Civil Registration System, 2015, sex ratio at birth has been recorded as a highest at Dadar – Nagar Haveli (1001), followed by Tripura (1000), Meghalaya (975) and _____ (973).
(1) Maharashtra and Kerala
(2) Goa and Chhattisgarh
(3) Sikkim and Mizoram
(4) Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh
- In Maharashtra first cotton textile mill was started by _____ in ______.
(1) Kamraj Dawar – 1855
(2) Jamshedji Tata – 1854
(3) Kawasaji Dawar – 1854
(4) Jijibhai Tata – 1855
- The water – storage of Koyana project in Maharashtra – is known as _____
- Observe the following statements :
(a) The climate of Maharashtra is tropical Monsoon type.
(b) Maharashtra receives rainfall between Septembers to October from Chinuk winds.
(c) Amboli receives highest rainfall in Maharashtra.
Answer Options :
(1) Only statement (a) is correct.
(2) Only statement (c) is correct.
(3) Statement (a) and (c) are correct.
(4) Statement (a) and (b) are correct.
- Which of the following Articles of the Indian Constitution is related to the uniform civil code ?
(1) Article 44
(2) Article 40
(3) Article 51
(4) Article 32
- In the 1978, original constitution, – ‘Right to Property’ 1993, was a fundamental – right. In which year and according to which constitutional amendment this right was removed from the chapter on fundamental rights ?
(1) 1971, 25Ih amendment
(2) 1976, 4znd amendment
(3) 1978, 44Ih amendment
(4) 1993, 74th amendment