MPSC Principal & Other Posts, Gr-A & B (Technical), ITI Question Paper 2014
- In which year, the first National policy on Education was promulgated by Govt. of India?
- The national Policy on Education (NPE-1986) recommends Generic vocational courses. Generic courses will be
(1) Occupation specific for school drop outs
(2) Not occupation specific for higher secondary levels
(3) Occupation specific depending on family back ground
(4) For Arts and science graduates only
- Ramamurthi Committee formed to review the National policy on Education (NPE-1986) recommends that work experience/socially useful productive work should be
(1) Integrally linked with subjects in content and pedagogy
(2) Independent of subjects
(3) Dealing with extracurricular and social activities
(4) Developing personality and leadership qualities
- The objective of the use of work benches and practical schools according to Ramamurthi report is to provide
(1) Vocational training at ITI Level
(2) Direct experience within production units development activates
(3) Skills and attitude development
(4) Opportunities for personal growth.
- Which of the following was the last education commission which looked into the education system of the country as a whole?
(1) Radhakrishnan Commission
(2) Mudaliar Commission
(3) Damadaran Commission
(4) D.S. Kothari Commission
- A separate vocational stream at +2 level was introduced in
(2) Engineering Colleges
(3) Selected higher secondary schools
(4) Selected it is
- The scheme of Centers of Excellence (COE) of DGE&T aims to
(1) Improve the quality of training in it is
(2) Produce multiskilled workforce of International standers.
(3) Provide training in Advance technology areas.
(4) Meet the regional demands in technology.
- The features of training programmes provided under the Centre of Excellence scheme are
(1) Modular and, institution based
(2) Industry based sandwich training
(3) Flexible, modular and both ITI and industry based
(4) Broad based basic training
- The certification of Advanced modules under Centre of Excellence scheme will be done by
(1) Industrial Training Institute itself
(2) Local industry
(3) State council of Vocational Education and industry
(4) National council of Vocational Training
- The Director General of Employment and Training (DGE&T) comes under the Ministry of
(1) Human Resource Development
(2) Labour and Employment
(3) Rural development
- Which one of the following schemes launched by the Director General of Employment and Training (DGE&T) provides training opportunities to school leavers and existing workers?
(1) Craftsman training scheme
(2) Modular employable skills scheme
(3) Apprenticeship scheme
(4) Centres of Excellence scheme
- The skill development scheme (SDS) of DGE&T aims to
(1) Provided skill training/certification to 1 million persons in 5 years
(2) Establish 500 centres of excellence in ITIs
(3) Provide advanced skill training to pass-outs of it is
(4) Established new it is in public partnership mode
- The All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) is a statutory body. What is the meaning of a statutory body?
(1) Its provision has been made in the Indian constitution
(2) It has been formed by an executive order of President of India
(3) It has been formed by an Act of parliament
(4) It has been formed by a consortium of private and public Industries.
- Which one of the following systems of technical education system DOES NOT come under the qurview of AICTE?
(3) Hotel Management
(4) Industrial Training
- The National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) functions under
(1) Ministry of Human Resource Development (GOI)
(2) Ministry of Labour and Employment (GOI)
(3) All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
(4) Planning commission
- Which of the following organization produces print learning materials for ITI courses?
- Which of the following institutes was established for the development of ploytecnic education system?
- NCERT is the Apex organization which works for
(1) Distance education
(2) Qualitative improvement of school Education only
(3) Elementary education only
(4) Higher secondary level education only
- One of the functions of Central Staff Training and Research Institute (CSTARI) is to provide training to
(1) Industries only
(2) Institutes & Industry
(3) Institutes only
(4) Govt. Officers
- The projection of demand estimation of skilled manpower in the country is the responsibility of
(1) Ministry of Labour and Employment
(2) Planning Commission
(3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
(4) Confederation of Indian Industries
- Which one of the following statements defines the concept of a curriculum?
(1) It is a statement of Aims and Objects of the training programme
(2) It is a list of theory and practical’s
(3) It is holistic road map for attainment of goals of education
(4) It is a combination of contents and scheme of examination
- Which one of the following are NOT competence statements?
(1) Prepare children garments on Heavy duty machines to given specifications.
(2) Plan, execute and test domestic wiring as per laws
(3) Install an Arc welding equipment and make joints
(4) understand a building drawing and handle equipment and materials
- A new curriculum for a vocational Training pro0gramme is to be designed. Which of the following should be indentified first?
(1) Trainers and trainees
(2) Training needs
(4) Certifying agency
- A SWOT analysis is?
(1) A general list of issue under each heading.
(2) Focused on key issue and as specifically as possible
(3) Completed when an analysis of the external environment has been conducted.
Best strategic management framework for analyzing the competitive positioning of an
- The purpose of a SWOT analysis to analyse:
(1) The business environment in which an organization operates
(2) The strategic capability of an organization. The business environment and the strategic capability of an organization relative to
(3) Its competitors.
(4) External and organizational environments.
- Value analysis takes place
(1) when the product is selected and designed. During the initial of production when something needs to be done to assure
(2) product success
(3) When the product is first conceived
(4) during the production process when it is clear the new product is a success
- Which of the following is a limitation of both PERT and CPM?
(2) There is inherent danger of too much emphasis being placed on the critical path
(3) They are applicable to only a narrow variety of projects and industries.
(4) They can be used only to monitor schedules.
- The critical path of a network is the
(1) Shortest time path through the network.
(2) Longest time path through the network
(3) Path with the minimum of activities
(4) Path with the most of the activities.
- PERT analysis computes the variance of the total project completion time as
(1) The sum of the variances of all activities on the critical path.
(2) The sum variance of the final activities of the project.
(3) The sum of the variances of all activities is the project
(4) The sum variances of all activities not on the critical path.
- According to Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, which of the following is the highest need?
(1) Self Esteem
- According to the regulations provided in the Training manual of ITIs, the age limit for war windows for admission to ITIs
(1) Between 14 to 25 years
(2) 30 years
(3) 35 years
(4) 45 years
- The reservation of seats in ITIs for scheduled castes/ tribes as per the training manual is
(1) Proportional to their population in each state
- For admission under the Craftsman Training scheme and Apprenticeship Training Scheme, the percentage of seats reserved for handicapped candidates is
- The selection of the candidates to the ITIs is based on
(1) Aptitude test and interview
(2) Marks secured in the public examination on merit
(3) Merit public examinations and interview
(4) Special test conducted for the purpose by DGE&T
- The minimum educational qualification to ITIs is
(1) Class VIII
(2) Class X
(3) Higher Secondary Certificate
(4) Dependent on the trade
- For placement of trainees in employment, the Management of ITIs should
(1) Carryout a national survey of jobs
(2) Organization meetings with parents and local society
(3) Established a data bank
(4) Make periodic visits to industries
- For placement of the candidates, which of the following has to be the first step?
(1) Match requirement of employers and candidates
(2) Advertise in media
(3) Organization interviews
(4) Inform parents, employers and candidates
- The best method to find job requirements in reputed organizations is to
(1) Read annual reports
(2) Contact public relations officers
(3) Search at websites
(4) Search in various publications
- The orientation of a new employee is done to
(1) Motivative the person
(2) familiarise with the Aims and Objectives of the organization
(3) Team work
(4) Get acclimatized to the person about service conditions
- The training of new employees in an organization should be based kon
(1) The aspiarations of the employees
(2) The promotional avenues for the employees
(3) Areas of deficiencies of the employees
(4) Objectives and needs of the organization.
- Which of the following statements about the apprenticeship system is incorrect?
(1) Technical training is supplemented with knowledge of work control and design.
(2) Full apprenticeships last two years.
(3) Apprenticeships combine classroom teaching and on-the-job experience.
Apprentices are required to continue to participate in further education for the
(4) Duration of their vocational studies.
- Formative evaluation of a training programme
(1) Is carried out at the end of the training
(2) Is built of implementation process
(3) At midway during the training
(4) During the visit of the inspection team
- Which one of the evaluation process is the most useful for decision making to improve the training programme?
(1) Formative Evaluation
(2) Summative Evaluation
(3) Feedback from employers
(4) Inspection reports
- To evaluate a training programme, which one of the following represents a Kirkpatrick’s model?
(1) Strength-Weakness-Opportunity and Threat Model
(2) Reaction-Learning-Behaviour-Result model
(3) Context- Input – Process – Product model
(4) Vritical success factor analysis model
- As per the National Policy on Education, Work experience in school education has been recommended. Which one of the following is NOT the objective of it?
(1) To develop respect for manual work
(2) To inculcate work ethics
(3) To understand industrial work culture.
(4) To develop self reliance
- Pre-vocational education programmes have been recommended in National policy on Education (NPE-1986) in order to enable the students to select
(1) Vocational courses at + 2 stage
(2) Vocational courses at ITI stage
(3) Vocational courses after education
(4) A profession for self employment
- The On the Job Training (OJT) of students is carried out in order to
(1) Provide opportunity to learn in real work situations
(2) Expose the students to latest technology
(3) Orient them to Industrial Labour Laws
(4) Expose them to management style of industries
- Which one of the following criteria is NOT necessary to evaluate the entire training programme?
(1) Total cost of the training
(2) Jobs obtained by trainees
(3) Examination results.
(4) Grants received from Govt.
- According to the Appretiveship Act 1961, the minimum age required for an apprentice to undergo apprenticeship training in any designated trade is
(1) 12 years
(2) 14 years
(3) 16 years
(4) 18 years
- In case of electrocution of a person, which one of the steps should be taken immediately
(1) Switch off the supply
(2) Call the doctor
(3) Give artificial respiration
(4) Isolate the person from the supply
- According to the regulations, the Fire extinguishes should be inspected and cheched
(3) Half yearly
- The operator working on a high speed rotating machine must put on
(1) Tight clothes
(3) Ear Plugs
(4) Ear phones
- The storage of inflammable materials should be done in
(1) Closed area
(2) Sunlit area
(3) Ventilated area
(4) Common area
- In the context of an ITI workshop, which of the following provides guidelines for safety?
(1) Industrial safety Council
(2) National Safety Council
(3) State Government Rules
(4) Director General of Employment and Training
- A systematic procedure of Curriculum Development for a training course ensures
- Relevance of the curriculum
- jobs in industries
- provision of Material and human resources
- valid evaluation processes
(1) a, c, d
(2) c, b, a
(3) b, c, d
(4) b, a, d
- To assess the performance of the trainees in planning, skills and personal relationship, which one of the following assessment method is to be used?
(1) Laboratory exercises
(3) Brain storming
(4) Project work
- A group of trainees is not learning well during the training programme. To improve their performance which type of testing procedures is to be adopted?
(1) Achievement testing
(2) Aptitude testing
(3) Interest testing
(4) Diagnostic testing
- For performance appraisal of trainers which one of the following is the best indicator?
(1) Examination results
(2) Capacity to motivation trainees
(3) Participation of trainer in academic – non academic activities
(4) Qualifications and experience
- To assess the attitude of the trainee during the training programme, which one of the following methods is recommended?
(1) Self reporting inventory
(2) Progress card during the session
(3) Interest inventories
(4) Observations and anecdotes
- To assess the competence of trainees, task analysis is usually performed. The task analysis means to
(1) break-up the task into various activities
(2) Identify how a job should be performed
(3) Indentify and sequence the critical steps in a desired performance
(4) Break-up the task into measurable units