MPSC Motor Vehicle Inspector (Assistant Regional Transport Officer for promotion of this post) Departmental Qualification Examination, 2018 Paper 3
PART I – DRAFTING AND NOTING (ON ANY GIVEN CASE)
Part II – QUESTIONS ON GENERAL TRANSPORT PROBLEMS.
N.B.- (1) Candidates should not write roll number, any name (including his/her own), signature, address or any indication of his/her identity anywhere inside the answer book otherwise he/she will be penalised.
(2) Candidate are expected to answer all the sub-question of a question together. If sub-question is attempted elsewhere (after leaving a few pages or after attempting another question) the later sub-question shall be overlooked.
(3) Answer are to be written in one language only either in Marathi or in English.
- Draft a report to be submitted to the Transport Commissioner about the success and failures of the implementation of online services of Sarathi and Vahan launched for citizens. Enlishting all the services, report the problems faced in its execution.
- Prepare a proposal to be submitted to the Principal Secretary, Transport about setting up of a modernized Vehicle Fitness Certification Centre at your office. Include all the factors required for Vehicle Fitness Certification Centre.
- Your office is facing a problem of space for detention of vehicles caught during enforcement. Draft a proposal to be submitted to the Principal Secretary, Transport about making suitable amendments to Maharashtra Motor Vehicle Rules for private premises for the detention of such vehicles on rent lease.
PART – II
- What is BRT in relation to transafer? What are the essential features of BRT ? Name five cities where BRT is in operation.
- Explain portable weighbridges. Discuss pros and cons of using portable weighbridges for flying squads.
- Elaborate four major transportation problems faced by big cities. Suggest solution to solve these problems.