MPSC For Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector, Post-Examination Departmental Examination, 2018 Paper 1
VEHICLE LAYOUT ENGINES, INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE, AUTOMOBILE ELEMENTS, ETC
N.B.- (1) All sections are compulsory.
(2) Illustrate your answers with neat sketches wherever necessary.
(3) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
(4) Preferably write the answer in sequential orders.
(5) Candidate should not write roll number, any name (including his/her own), signature, address or any indication of his/her identity anywhere inside the answer book otherwise he/she will be penalised.
(6) Candidates are expected to answer all the sub-questions of a question together, if sub-question of a question is attempted elsewhere (after leaving a few pages or after attempting another question) the later sub-question shall be overlooked.
(7) Answer are to be written in one language only either in Marathi or in English
- Write short notes (any six):-
(a) Speed Limiting Device
(b) Alignment of Head Lamp Beam
(c) Active safety and Passive safety
(d) Caster and Camber angle
(e) Braking Efficiency
(f) Battery Operated Vehicles
(g) Super charging and Turbo charging Engine
(h) Air Bags and Seat Belt
(i) Tubeless Tyres.
- State and elaboration five different ways of classifying automobiles.
- (a) How do you classify clutches?
(b) Describe with a neat sketch, functions and working of single plate clutch.
- (a) Enumerate different types of working of a rack and pinion type of steering gear.
- (a) State different types of braking system.
- (a) Explain the working of a constant mesh gear box with the help of a neat sketch.
(b) Explain its merits and demerits over sliding mesh gear box.
- (a) Draw a schematic diagram showing the layout of air suspension system and explain its working.
(b) State its advantages and disadvantages.
- (a) Explain with neat sketch Wiper Mechanism
(b) Explain with layout lighting system of any typical car.
- (a) Explain Tyre rating in detail.
(b) Discuss in detail various factors affecting tyre life.