MPSC Departmental Examination for Assistant Regional Transport Officers, 2018 Paper 1
THEORY OF AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING, MOTOR VEHICLES REPAIRS, ETC.
N.B.- (1) Solve any five questions.
(2) Illustrate your answers with neat sketches wherever necessary.
(3) Figures to the right indicate full Marks.
(4) Candidate should not write roll number, any name (including his/her own), signature, address or any indication of his/her identity anywhere inside the answer book otherwise he/she will be penalized.
(5) Candidates are expected to answer all the sub-questions of a question together, if sub-question of a question is attempted elsewhere (after leaving a few pages ore after attempting another questions) the later sub-question shall be overlooked.
(6) Answer are to be written in one language only either in Marathi or in English.
- Write short notes on (any four):-
(a) Dashboard instrument
(b) Electric Horn
(c) Hand brake
(d) Air suspension system
(e) Akerman’s principle of steering
(f) Preventive maintenance.
- (a) Sketch a typical lay out of a passenger car briefly describe it’s various parts.
(b) Describe in details about classification of clutches.
- (a) Explain with neat sketch the construction and working of collapsible steering.
(b) State different types of braking system and explain ABS.
- (a) Explain the working of a synchromesh gear box with the help of a neat sketch and write about it’s merits demerits over slidingmesh gear box.
(b) Explain in brief principle and working of differential used in Automobile.
- (a) Explain steering geometry and the effect of any two angle s on the dynamics of vehicles.
(b) Draw neat sketch of tubeless tyre and compare it’s attributes over other tyres.
- (a) Explain in detail function and construction of a leaf spring with neat diagram.
(b) What is active safety and passive safety? Write a note on Air Bags.