MPSC Departmental Examination for Assistant regional transport officers 10th August, 2018 Paper 5
FINANCIAL RULES, BOMBAY BUDGET MANUAL, ETC.
N.B. – (1) Attempt any five questions.
(2) Marks for each question are indicated in the margin.
(3) Candidate should not write roll number, any name (including his/her own), signature, address or any indication of his/her identity anywhere inside the answer book otherwise he/she will be penalized.
(4) Candidates are expected to answer all the sub-questions of a question together, if sub-question of a question is attempted elsewhere (after leaving a few pages or after attempting another question) the later sub-question shall be overlooked.
(5) Answer are to be written in one language only either in Marathi or in English.
- (a) Explain the provisions for purchasing stores in Government Offices.
(b) What is contingency fund? Explain the procedure to sanction contingency fund advance.
- Write short notes (any four):-
(a) Permanent advances
(b) Public Account Committee.
(c) Subsistence Allowance and Compensatory Allowance during suspension.
(d) Budgetory Irregularities
- Explain procedure adopted for punishment under rule-18 and rule-10 to Government Servant.
- (a) What precautions need to be taken for safe custody of public money.
(b) What are the important stages for preparation of pension papers?
- (a) What are the provisions in the rules about the deposit of case chest and valuable in the treasury?
(b) What are the provisions in the rules about the writing of cash book?
- What are the Duties and Responsibilities of Controlling Officer and Drawing and Disbursing Officers in respect of Contingent Expenditure?