Maharashtra HSC board Physics Important Questions 2019
(1) Prove the relation, = X , where symbols have their usual meanings.
(2) Describe how an artificial satellite using two stage rocket is launched in an orbit round the earth. Explain the nature of all possible orbits of satellite.
(3) Obtain the relation between the universal gravitational constant and the gravitational acceleration on the surface of the earth.
(4) Explain why it is necessary to use a minimum two stage rocket to launch a satellite into a circular orbit round the earth.
(5) Explain why an astronaut in an orbiting satellite has a feeling of weightlessness.
(6) what is geo-stationary satellite? State uses of satellite.
(7) Define moment of inertia. Explain the physical significance of it.
(8) What do you mean by radius of gyration of a body? write dimensions of radius of gyration. Give its radius of gyration. Give its Physical Significance.
(9) State and prove principle of conservation of angular momentum. Explain it with examples.
(10) Obtain an expression for acceleration of a particle performing uniform circular motion.
(11) Derive the expression for maximum safety speed with which vehicle should move along a curved horizontal road. State the significance of it.
(12) What is banking of roads.? Why is it necessary?
(13) Obtain an expression for the period of a satellite in a circular orbit round the earth
Show that the square of the period of revolution of a satellite is directly proportional the cube of the orbital radius.
(14) Define critical velocity if a satellite and obtain an expression for it.
(15) Discuss the variation of g with (a) altitude (b) depth
(16) Derive an expression for kinetic energy of a rotating body with uniform angular velocity.
(17) Obtain an expression for torque acting on rotating body with constant angular acceleration.
(18) State and prove principle of perpendicular axes.
(19) Define angular momentum of body. Obtain an expression for angular momentum of rigid body rotating with uniform angular velocity. State its SI unit and dimensions.
(20) Deduce on expression for kinetic energy when a body is rolling on a plane surface without slipping.
(21) Derive expression for velocity of a ring, solid cylinder and solid sphere having same radii rolling down the smooth inclined plane without slipping.
(22) Obtain an expression for maximum safety speed with which vehicle can be safety driven along curved banked road.
Show that the angle of banking is independent of mass of vehicle.
(23) Define period of conical pendulum and obtain expression for its period
Define conical pendulum. Obtain an expression for the angle made by string of conical pendulum with vertical. Hence deduce the expression for linear speed of bob of the council pendulum.
(24) Define binding energy and escape velocity of satellite.
(A) Obtain an expression for binding energy of a satellite revolving in a circular orbit round the earth.
(B) Derive an expression for binding energy of a body at rest o n the earth’s surface.
(C) Derive an expression for the escape velocity of an objection the surface of the earth.
(25) Discuss the variation of g with latitude
(26) State and prove principle of parallel exes.