Maharashtra Board SSC/10th History-Civics Important Questions 2019
(1) (A) Complete the following statements by choosing the appropriate alternatives from those given in the brackets:
(1) By an Act of 1773, the East India company acquired a monopoly of the …….. trade with America (cloth, tea, sugar)
(2) In 1615 A. D.. the British obtained permission to start a factory at ….. (Mumbai, Surat, Madras)
(3) …. Had read Rousseau (Louis XIV, Louis XV, Louis XVI)
(B) Match the correct pairs
|Group ‘A’||Group ‘B’|
|(1) Soviet Russia
(2) Laid the foundation of the UNO
(3) The headquarters of the League of Nations
(e) Atlantic Charter
(2) Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words words each. (Any Two)
(1) Which problems did the colonists of America face?
(2) How did the British exploit India economically?
(3) Why is the latter half of the 20th century called an ‘Era of Decolonisation?
(3) Give reasons for the following statements in 25 to 30 words each: (Any Two)
(1) The U.S.A. declared war on Japan in 1941
(2) The League of Nations did little to rectify the injustice done to the defeated nations.
(3) 20th century stands as a century of revolutionary transformation of human life.
(4) Answer the following questions In 40 to 50 words each. (Any Two)
(1) Explain the social conditions prevailing in France-before the Revolution.
(2) Why is the first half of the 20th century called the ‘Age of Conflict’?
(3) What are the demerits off Globalisation?
(5) Answer the following questions in 80 to 100 words each. (Any Two)
(1) Why did the Industrial Revolution begin in England?
(2) Discuss in detail Hitler’s Nazism.
(3) Give the causes of the Russian Revolution.
(6) Fill in the blanks with suitable word from those given in the brackets.
(1) In the Rajya Sabha …….. members are elected from the states and the Union Territories (226, 238, 225, 230)
(2) The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court is appointed by the …….
(President, Governor, Vice-President, Prime Minister)
(7) Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words each. (Any Two)
(1) What are the qualifications for the membership of the Lok Sabha?
(2) State any two functions of the Prime Minister.
(3) How does the state Government exercise control on Municipal Councils?
(8) Write notes in 25 to 30 words each. (Any Two)
(1) Explain, the Rajya Sabha is a permanent House.
(2) Powers of the Vice-President.
(3) The Gramsevak
(9) Answer the following questions in 25 to 30 words. (Any One)
(1) Write the ‘optional functions’ of the Municipal Corporation.
(2) What is the ‘Original Jurisdiction’ of the High Court?