DTP Maharashtra Question paper- Set 1
- Which one of the following is not an official language of the United Nations Organization?
Ans:- (d) German
- Each member of a Picnic party contributed twice as many rupees as the total collection was Rs.3042. The number of members present in the party was
Ans:- (d) 39
- The product of two numbers is 4107. If the HCF of the number is 37. The greatest number is
Ans:- (b) 111
- The greatest number which when divided by 989 and 1327 leaves remainder 5 and 7 respectively is
Ans:- (c) 24
- A milkman has 75 L milk in one cane and 45 L in another. The maximum capacity of container which can measure milk of either container exact number of times, is
(a) 1 L
(b) 5 L
(c) 15 L
(d) 25 L
Ans:- (c) 15 L
- The average of five numbers is 27. If one number is excluded. The average becomes 25. The excluded number is
Ans:- (d) 35
- The average of the marks obtained in an examination by 8 students was 51 and by 9 other students was 68. The average marks of the 17 students was
Ans:- (c) 60
- The sum of the present ages of Varun and Kapil is 42 years. The ratio of their ages after 5 Years will be 15 : 11. What is the present age of Kapil?
(a) 17 years
(b) 24 years
(c) 25 years
(d) 22 years
Ans:- (c) 25 years
- A bag contains Rs.90 in coins of denominations of 50 paise, 25 paise and 10 paise. If coins of 50 paise, 25 paise and 10 paise are in ratio 2 : 3 : 5, then the number of 25 paise coins in the bag is
Ans:- (b) 120
- If the volumes of two cubes are in the ratio 27 : 64 and then the ratio of their total surface are is
(a) 27 : 64
(b) 3 : 4
(c) 9 : 16
(d) 3 : 8
Ans:- (c) 9 : 16
- If 12 men and 16 boys can do a piece of work in 5 days; 13 men and 24 boys can do it in 4 days, then the ratio of the daily work done by a man to that of a boy is
(a) 2 : 1
(b) 3 : 1
(c) 2 : 2
(d) 5 : 4
Ans:- (a) 2 : 1
- A man sold 18 cots for Rs.16800, gaining there by the cost price of 3 cots. The cost price of a cot is
(b) Rs. 800
(c) Rs. 900
(d) Rs. 1000
Ans:- (b) Rs. 800
- The selling price of 5 articles is the same as the cost price of 3 articles. The gain or loss is
(a) 20% gain
(b) 25% gain
(c) 33.33% loss
(d) 40% loss
Ans:-(d) 40% loss
- Dilip, Ram and Amar started a shop by investing Rs.2700, Rs.8100 and Rs.7200 respectively. At the end of 1 yr, the profit was distributed. If Ram’s share was Rs.3600, their total profit was
(d) None of these
Ans:- (c) Rs.8000
- In what time will the simple interest be 2/5 of the principal at 8% per annum?
(a) 8 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 6 years
Ans:- (c) 5 years
- The difference between the simple interest and the compound interest (compounded annually) at the rate of 12% per annum on Rs.5000 for 2 years will be
Ans:- (d) Rs.72
- If the compound interest on a certain sum for two consecutive years is Rs.220 and Rs.242, then the rate of interest per annum is (a) 8%
Ans:- (b) 10%
- The perimeter of two squares are 40 cm and 32 cm. The perimeter of a third square whose area is the difference of the area of two square, is
(a) 24 cm
(b) 42 cm
(c) 40 cm
(d) 20 cm
Ans:- (a) 24 cm
- The volume of a cube is 512 cm3. Its surface area (in sq cm) is
Ans:- (b) 384
- The wooden box measure 20 cm by 12 cm by 10 cm. Thickness of wood is 1 cm. The volume of wood to make the box (in cubic cm) is
Ans:- (a) 960
- The height of a wall is six times its width and the length of the wall is seven times its height. If volume of the wall be 16128 cube m, its width is
Ans:- (b) 4m
Directions (Q. 22-23): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below it.
- i) A, B, C, D, E and F-six friends are sitting in a circle facing the centre.
- ii) E is to the immediate left of D.
iii) C is sitting between A and B.
- iv) F is sitting between E and A.
- Who is to the immediate right of C?
Ans:- (c) A
- Who is to the immediate left of B?
Ans:- (a) D
- Ravi is 7 ranks ahead of Summit in a class of 39. If Sumit’s rank is seventeenth from the last, what is Ravi’s rank from the start?
Ans:- (c) 16th
- In a certain code language ‘CAT’ is written as ‘DDY’. How will ‘BIG’ be written in that code?
Ans:- (c) CLL
Directions (Q. 26-28): In each of the following questions, there is a certain relationship between two given words on one side of :: and one word is given an another side of :: while another word is to be selected from the given alternatives, having the same relationship with this word as the words of the given pair bear. Choose the correct alternative.
- Malaria : Disease : : Spear : ?
Ans:- (c) Weapon
- Food : Stomach : : Fuel : ?
Ans:- (c) Engine
- Fire : Ashes :: Explosion : ?
Ans:- (d) Debris
Directions (Q. 29-31): In each of the following questions, four words have been given out of which three are alike in a certain way and one is different. Choose out the odd one.
- (a) Cupboard
(c) Paper weight
Ans:- (c) Paper weight
- (a) Swim
Ans:- (b) Listen
- (a) Needle
Ans:- (c) Hammer
Directions (Q. 32-33): In each of the following letter series, some of the letters are missing which are given in that order as one of the alternatives below it.
- ab —b -bbaa –
Ans:- (c) baaab
- – bcdbc – dcabd – bedbc -dc -bd
Ans:- (a) aaaaa
Directions (Q. 34 – 37): In each of the following questions, a number series is given with one term missing. Choose the correct alternative that will continue the same pattern and fill in the blank spaces.
- 121, 225, 361, (……)
Ans:- (c) 529
- 19, 2, 38, 3, 114, 4, (…..)
Ans:- (d) 456
- 3, 6, 18, 72, (….)
(a) 144 (b) 216
Ans:- (d) 360
- 21, 25, 33, 49, 81, (…..)
Ans:- (a) 145
- After walking 6 km, I turned right and covered a distance of 2 km, then turned left and covered a distance of 10 km. In the end, I was walking towards the East. From which direction did I start my journey?
Ans:- (d) West
- ‘Q’s mother is sister of P and daughter of M. S is daughter of P and sister of T. How is M related to T?
(d) Grandfather of grandmother
Ans:- (d) Grandfather of grandmother
- If 3rd December, 1990 is Sunday. What day is 3rd January, 1991?
Ans:- (b) Wednesday
- Ajay left home for the bus stop 5 min earlier than usual. It takes 10 min to reach the stop. He reached the stop at 8.40 am. What time does he usually leave home for the bus stop?
(a) 8.30 am
(b) 8.45 pm
- He doesn’t hesitate to do whatever his brother does
(a) will do
(b) would do
(c) shall do
(d) No improvement
Ans:- (d) No improvement
- Summit would have been looked smart in traditional clothes.
(a) was looked
(b) would be looked
(c) would have looked
(d) No improvement
Ans:- (c) would have looked
- I would gladly accompany your sister if you had asked me.
(a) would have gladly accompanied
(b) was to have gladly accompanied
(c) will gladly accompany
(d) No improvement.
Ans:- (a) would have gladly accompanied