1. Choose opposite in meaning. “idle”
A) Lazy B) Handsome C) Busy D) smart
Ans:- C) Busy
2. She is wise…….to understand it.
A) very B) fairly C) enough D) quite
Ans:- D) quite
3. One word substitution for “One who does a thing for pleasure and not as a profession”
A) businessman B) professional C) meticulous D) amateur
Ans:- A) businessman
4. What is the noun form of the word “assume”
A) Assumption B) Assumation C) Assmement D) Assumsion
Ans:- B) Assumation
5. She sings…….
A) Sweet B) Sweetly C) Swrrts D) Sweetest
Ans:- B) Sweetly
6. It is the same case…….I told you of.
A) What B) Which C) This D) That
Ans:- A) What
7. She’s right,…….?
A) is she B) isn’t it C) She is D) isn’t she
Ans:- A) is she
8. By hook or crook.
A) By any means B) By old ways C) By even ways D) none
9. Fill in the blanks. “Everest is…….highest peak in the word”
A) a B) an C) the D) No article
Ans:- A) a
10. Choose the correct spelling from the following group of words given below.
A) Gazette B) Gazate C) Gazzette D) Gazettee
Ans:- B) Gazate
11. The old things were thrown away.
Choose the correct passive voice of the above sentence.
A) The old things threw away
B) They threw away the old things
C) Throw the old things away
D) Thrown away the old things
Ans:- B) They threw away the old things
12. “I met him on Sunday”, she said.- Change this sentence into indirect form.
A) She said that he has met her on Sunday.
B) He said that she had met him on Sunday
C) She said that she had met him on Sunday
D) She asked that when she had met him on Sunday
Ans:- C) She said that she had met him on Sunday
13.Pick out the correct reported statement for the sentence :
Fateher said to his sons, “Pleas keep quiet.”
A) Father asked his sons to keep quiet
B) Father told his sons please keep quiet.
C) Father ask his sons to keep quiet.
D) Father asked his sons that to keep quiet.
Ans:- A) Father asked his sons to keep quiet
14. Combined the following set of sentences into a simple sentence :
1) He has many faults. 2) But he was a good man at heart
A) Though he had many faults, he was a good man at heart.
B) Inspite of having many faults, he was a good man at heart
C) As he was a good man at heart, he was a many faults.
D) While he has many faults, he was a good man at heart
Ans:- B) Inspite of having many faults, he was a good man at heart
15. Change the following sentence into a simple one wiyhout cganging the meaning.
You must work hard, or you will not pass.
A) Unless you work hard, you will not pass
B) If you do not work hard, you will not pass
C) You must work hard in order to pass.
D) Working hard will ensure your passing.
Ans:- D) Working hard will ensure your passing.
16. Choose the correct comparative degree of the following sentence
Pune is one of the biggest cities in India.
A) Pune is bigger than any other city in India.
B) Pune is bigger than many other cities in India.
C) No other city is as bigger as Pune.
D) Pune is Bigger than all other cities in India.
Ans:- B) Pune is bigger than many other cities in India.
17. It matters little wherher we win or lose.-Change into interrogative.
A) Do it matter much whether we win lose?
B) Does it matter much whether we win or lose?
C) Will it matter much whether we win or lose?
D) Whether it matters much we win or lose?
Ans:- B) Does it matter much whether we win or lose?
18. One of the horses were tired. – Correct the swntence.
A) One of the horses is tired.
B) One of the horses was tired
C) One of the horses will tired
D) One of the horses can tired
ans:- B) One of the horses was tired
19.What suffix will you add to the word ‘kind’ to make it a noun.
A) ment B) tion C) ness D) full
ans:- C) ness
20. Select the word without suffix.
A) Greedy B) Happy C) Hairy D) Dirty
Ans:- B) Happy
21. Choose the correct Synonym :- Ability
A) inability B) incompetence C) competence D) none of these
Ans:- A) inability
22. Choose the correct preposition. Amol met me…..the way.
A) in B) into C) on D) none of these
Ans:- C) on
23. Choose the Voice of the sentence ‘Open the window’
A) Window is opened B) Window will be opened
C) Window shall be opened C) Let the windows be opened
Ans:- C) Let the windows be opened
24. What is the plural form of ‘Cattle’?
A) Cows B) Cattle C) Catle D) Cows and buffaloes
Ans:- B) Cattle
25. What is the plural form antonym – ‘Waste’
A) East B) Save C) Unwaste D) B & C both
Ans:- B) Save
26. Choose the correctly spelt word from A, B, C & D
A) Agrerian B) Agrarian C) Agerian D) Agrarien
Ans:- B) Agrarian
27. Adverb form for ‘beauty’ is…….
A) beautify B) beautician C) beautiful D) beautifully
Ans:- D) beautifully
28.What is the word substitute ‘A book or document written by hand’
A) Manuscript B) monument C) Monotheist D) Manifesto
Ans:- A) Manuscript
29. Fill in the blank with correct article.
Everest is…….highest peak in the world.
A) a B) an C) the D) No article
Ans:- C) the
30. Choose the correct adverb to fill in the blank.
……….he is down with flu, he can’t go to office.
A) Since B) When C) But D) So
Ans:- A) Since
In the following questions a sentence is written in jumbled parts. Arrange these parts incorrect order to form a meaningful sentence.
31.P) Young people Q) and earnestly resolve
R) Should denounce the dowry system S) At the time of marriage
T) Never to take dowry
A) PQRSTS B) PERQTS C) PSTQR D) PTESQ
Ans:- B) PERQTS
32.P) Give me the benefit Q) If you have any
R) I have so many of my own S) Of your hopes
T) but keep your despairs to yourself
A) PQSTR B) PSTQR C) PTSQR D) PQTRS
Ans:- B) PSTQR
33.Give one word substitution.
“Allowance due to a wofe from her husband after separation”
A) Patent B) Heresy C) ALimony D) Exile
Ans:- C) ALimony
Choose the correct synonym
A) Misanthropic B) Tyrannical C) Decisive D) Cunning
Ans:- A) Misanthropic
A) SIn B) Crime C) Trickery D) Painful
Ans:- A) SIn
36. Choose the correct antonym.
A) Dengerous B) Melodious C) Happy D) Tense
Ans:- C) Happy
A) Plentiful B) Open C) Civilized D) Danger
Ans:- C) Civilized
38. The passenger & crew member of the aeroplane had a narrow……when it was taking off from the runway.
A) Door B) Time C) Escape D) Opportunity
Ans:- C) Escape
39. Their marriage was…….yesterday.
A) Done B) Carried out C) Made D) Solemnised
Ans:- D) Solemnised
40. In the following questions three words are given. Choose the word which is misspelt. If there is no mistake choose d = all correct.
A) Deviate B) Stapulate C) Mollify D) All correct
Ans:- B) Stapulate
41.Identy kit method discovered by________.
(3) Kelvin Goddard
(4) Mathieu Orfila
Ans:- (2) Macdonald
42.To examine urine and sweat, which of the following is used ?
(1) Infrared rays
(2) Altraviolet rays
(4) Laser rays
Ans:- (2) Altraviolet rays
43.In police investigation, ultraviolet rays are used for which of the following purpose ? (1) To check the changes in disputed documents.
(2) To check the stains of blood, semen, urine, saliva.
(3) The writings done by invisible material.
(4) All of the above.
Ans:- (3) The writings done by invisible material.
44.Form number of court conviction slip is _______.
(1) PM 61 AE (2) PM 61 E (3) PM 61 EF (4) PM 61 F
Ans:- (1) PM 61 AE
45.In police station, Historysheet is maintained for which of the following ?
(1) All criminals on record
(2) Criminals whose names are in surveillance register of poIice station
(3) luveniles in conflict with law
(4) Absconders undrr the jurisdiction of the police station concerned
Ans:- (2) Criminals whose names are in surveillance register of poIice station
46.For which action the device detonator is used ?
(2) Heart Treatment
(3) Water purification
(4) Preparation of Electricity
Ans:- (1) Explosions
47. Which of the following tests is used for testing of presence of blood in Crime Cases ?
(1) TLC test
(2) Benzidine test
(3) Fluorine test
(4) Alcohol test
Ans:- (2) Benzidine test
48.Hydrocyanic acid is generally found in ________.
(1) Grains (2) Fruits (3) Water (4) Earth
Ans:- (2) Fruits
49.In case of death due to snake bite_________exhibit forwarded to forensic science laboratory. (1) Snake venom
(2) Skin with bite mark
(4) The earth from snake bite place
Ans:- (2) Skin with bite mark
50.Which of the following characteristics cannot be same in human individuals ?
(1) Blood group (2) Height (3) Colour (4) Fingerprint
ans:- (4) Fingerprint