- (Born on 3 May 1963), Mumbai.
- He is a noted actor in Marathi films and is the son of veteran Marathi actor Ramesh Deo and Seema Deo.
- (Born on 24 November 1944)
- He is a noted Indian actor, director and producer of Hindi and Marathi cinema.
- (Born on 31 January 1977) Mumbai
- Heis an Indian film actor, screenwriter, director, producer and theatre He is probably the most popular marathi actor in Maharashtra.
- (Born on 4 June 1947) Nagpur
- He is an Indian film and stage actor and comedian. He has appeared in many Marathi movies and stage plays in lead roles and in Hindi movies and TV serials in supporting roles. He is affectionately known as ‘MAMA’ in entire Marathi film industry means closer human being. Most of Marathi actors & actress called him as Samrat ashoka of marathi film industry.
- (Born on 10 September 1965)
- Heis an Indian film actor who has acted in Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi and English language films.
- Kulkarni won the National Award for the best supporting actor for the films Hey Ramand Chandni Bar. He is also the president of Quest, a research-action organization concentrating on enhancing quality of education.
- (Born on 12th December 1973)
- Heis an actor and producer in Marathi movies, theatre and TV serials in India. He is known more for his comic roles as a leading man in commercial Marathi cinema and theatre.
- (Born 1913) Kolhapur.
- (Died 17 February 2001) Kolhapur.
- He was a well-known Marathi Film actor and an artist He played different roles in Marathi films and devoted his life to art. He was a master in paintings and powder shading.
- (Born on 8 August 1932)
- (Died 14 March 1998 )
- Others names Dada.
- He was a Marathi actor and film producer. He was one of the most renowned personalities in Marathi film industry, famous for his double entendre dialogues in movies.
- (Born on 4 August 1944)
- He is an Indian actor , director, playwright and author. He is regarded as one of the finest actors in India and is the recipient of numerous awards, including a National Film Award and a Flimfare award.
- (Born on 1940)
- (Died – March 2, 1986) Amaravati
- He was a famous stage actor and dental surgeon, he appeared in Hindi movies such as Abhilasha opposite Nanda and Dadi Maa where he played the role of the son of Ashok Kumar and Bina Roy.
- (Born on 10 June 1949) Kolhapur
- (Died – 24 March 2014) Mumbai
- He was an actor in the Marathi language film industry of India.
- (Born on- 26 October 1954) Ratnagiri.
- (Died – 16 December 2004) Mumbai.
- He was an Indian actor who appeared in Marathi and Hindi Known for his highly energetic slapstick performances, he has been described as the ‘Comedy King’ and ‘Comedy Superstar’ of Marathi cinema.
- (Born on- 28 September 1953) Mumbai.
- He is an Indian actor, film director and producer of Marathi and Hindi He has worked in Indian cinema from a young age and acted in well-known movies such as Raja Aur Rank, Chhota Bhai, Mere Laal, and Ghar Ghar ki Kahani.
- (Born on- 22 July 1973) Pune.
- He is an Indian actor. He is popular on television and has acted in several Marathi movies. He is mainly known for his comedy and intelligent roles in Marathi cinema.
- (Born on- 6 March 1966) Dahanu.
- He is an Indian film actor, writer, and directorin Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Malayalam cinema, and Indian Theatre. He is often seen in supporting and pivotal roles in various films like Jungle, Sarfarosh, Swades, Makdee, and Darna Zaroori Hai where he often plays drunkard, wayfarer, and comic roles. He has directed over 5 films.
- (Born on – 19 January 1906)Kolhapur.
- (Died – 19 August 1947) Mumbai.
- Master Vinayak was related to many personalities in the Indian film industry.
- (Born on – 23 July 1961) Mumbai.
- He is an Indian actor, model, television show host, and author, most known for his roles in Marathi and Hindi cinema. He made his first film appearance in 1993’s Papeeha and has since performed in over 60 films and acted as the host of the Zee Marathi channel travel show
- (Born on – 4 November 1964) Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
- He is an Indian model, actor, film producer & fitness promoter.
- (Born – on 1954) Pune, Maharashtra
- (Died – 29 April 1999)
- He was an Indian film, television and theater actor who has worked in art films such as Sparsh, Bhavni Bhavai and Mirch Masala. His father was a school teacher in Pune.
- (Born – on 1 January 1951) Murud-Janjira.
- He is an Indian actor, writer, philanthropist and filmmaker, mainly working in Hindi and Marathi films. He is also the only actor ever to win Filmfare Award for Best Actor, Best Supporting Actorand Best Villain He was bestowed the fourth highest civilian honour of India when he was awarded the Padma Shri award for his dedication in the field of Films and Arts.
- (Born on – 1930/1931) India.
- (Died – 13 July 2009) Pune. India.
- He was an Indianactor known for his roles in the Marathi language movies and Marathi theatre. Nilu Phule acted in around 250 Marathi and Hindi movies during his film career. He is widely regarded as one of the greatest and iconic actors to have graced the Marathi Cinema. He was most prominently seen the movies playing roles of notorious villians.
- (Born on – 1970),Malvan.
- He is an Indian His native language is Konkani. His debut film, Dombivali Fast earned him accolades in Marathi cinema, as it went on to become the biggest Marathi film of the year. He remade his film, in Tamil with R. Madhavan in the lead as Evano Oruvan, which opened to rave reviews. He also acted in the Marathi film Saatchya Aat Gharat.
- (Born on – 14 March 1931) Mumbai.
- (Died – 13 January 2011) Pune.
- He was an actor on Marathi stage. His role as Lakhoba Lokhande in the dramaTo Mi Navhech is considered to be one of the most memorable roles presented so far on the Marathi stage. He was also the owner of Natyasampada, a well-known Marathi drama production organisation.
- (Born on – 5 April 1961) Mumbai.
- He is a Marathi actor, comedian who has acted in numerous Marathi dramas, movies and television serials for over 29 years. He has been associated with Marathi theatre since 1983 and till date has performed in 26 different plays and variety of roles. Damle is widely recognized as the biggest ultimate superstar of Marathi theatre.
- (Born on – 17 December 1978) Latur.
- He is an Indian film actor, producer and architect. He is known for his work in Hindi and Marathi cinema. He is the son of the former Chief Minister of Maharashtra late Vilasrao Deshmukh and Vaishali Deshmukh.
- (Born on – 12 December 1950) Bangalore, Mysore state (Now Karnataka), India.
- He is an Indian film actor and politician who works primarily in Tamil cinema. He began acting in plays while working in the Bangalore Transport Service as a bus conductor. In 1973, he joined the Madras Film Institute to pursue a diploma in acting. Following his debut in Balachander’s Tamil drama Apoorva Raagangal (1975), his acting career commenced with a brief phase of portraying antagonistic characters in Tamil films.
- (Born on – 1 November 1918) Bodhegaon, Ahmednagar, Pune, India
- (Died – 22 August 2001) pune, India.
- He was an Indian film and television actor who led the Marathi Film Industry and Theatre for many years. He had performed in more than 180 Marathi films.
- (Born on – 14 May 1965) Mumbai.
- He is an Indian actor and director from Maharashtra, best known for his roles in the film Aap Kaa Surroor, Astitva, TV series Imtihaan and as Subhas Chandra Bose in Shyam Benegal’s Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero.
- (Born on – 17 August 1957) Bombay.
- He often known by his first name Sachin, he is an Indian film and television actor, director, singer and producer.
Sadashiv Dattaray Amrapurkar
- (Born on – 11 May 1950) Ahmednagar, Bombay State, India.
- (Died – 3 November 2014) Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- He was an Indian actor, best known for his performances in Marathi and Hindi films in the period 1983 to 1999.
- (Born on – 16 November 1964) Pune.
- He is an actor from India who is also a painter. An actor from theatre, television, and films, his work is popular among Hindi and Marathi audiences.
- (Born on – 1962) Sindhudurg district
- He is an Indian actor from the state of Maharashtra. He has worked in Marathi and Hindi stage plays and movies.
- (Born on – 13 January 1952)
- He is an Indian film actor, who has acted in Telugu, Marathi, Hindi, Tamil, Kannada, and Malayalam Sayaji started his acting career in 1978 with acting in Marathi one-act plays.
- (Born on – 25 April 1918) Ahmednagar, Maharashtra.
- (Died – 11 May 1993) Pune.
- Hewas an Indian actor who acted in many Hindi as well as Marathi movies. Shahu Modak was mostly famous for the mythological characters that he played. He mostly played the roles of Krishna and Jnanesvar.
- (Born on – 21 April 1950) Bombay.
- He is an Indian television and film actor. A former bank official, he has appeared in many Hindiand Marathi He has appeared in films including Vaastav, Ghulam-E-Mustafa, Yeshwant, China Gate, Taxi No. 9211, Nayak, Jis Desh Me Ganga Reheta Hai, Sooryavansham, Hu Tu Tu. In Marathi, he has got recognition through movies like Uttarayan. He is best known for his role as ACP Pradyuman on the popular TV series C.I.D. on SET India.
- (Born on – 27 January 1976)
- He is an Indian actor who appears in Marathi and Hindi
Siddhartha Ramchandra Jadhav
- (Born on – 23 October 1981) Ratnagiri ,
- He is an Indian actor and comedian. He is popular on television and has acted in Marathi and Hindi movies making him one of the most talented and successful actors in both Marathis films and television.
- ( Born on – 25 may 1940) Mumbai.
- He was an Indian Marathi actor and comedian.
- (Born on – 9 November 1975)
- He is a Marathi actor and director.
- (Born on – 30 October 1940) Pune.
- He is a well-known Indian film, television and stage actor, notable for his roles in Marathi theatre and Hindi films and television. He is the son of another well-known veteran Marathi theater and film actor, Chandrakant Gokhale
- (Born on – 23 September 1965)
- She is a Marathi film actress from Mumbai, India. She has worked in many Marathi movies and some Hindi Bollywood movies as well. Her film Maherchi Sadi made her a household name in Maharashtra.
- (Born on -21 May 1976) Panvel, Maharashtra, India
- She is an Indianmodel, actress and a doctor. She won the Gladrags Megamodel Contest in 1996, and the Gladrags Mrs. India subsequently winning Mrs. World contest in 2001, and appeared in reality television series, Bigg Boss (Season 3).
- (Born on – 7 May 1972) Mumbai
- She is an Indian model and actress known for her work in both Hindi and Marathi films and television serials. Born and raised in India, she now lives in San Francisco, California.
- (Born on – 14 January 1905) Bombay.
- (Died – 22 September 1991) Mumbai
- She was an Indian actress, beginning as one of the foremost leading ladies of her times, she remained active in Hindi and Marathi cinema, as well as theatre, for over 50 years, starring in around 200 films and numerous theatre productions.
- (Born on – 19 September 1976) Mumbai.
- She is an Indian actress and model who has appeared in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Marathi Isha is best known for playing protagonists in films that garner more critical appreciation than substantial box office figures.
- (Born on – 21 February 1942) Karwar,
- (Died – 29 August 2008)
- She was a noted Marathi and Hindi movie actress and a star of Marathi cinema from the 1950s up to the 1980s.
- (Born on – 18 April 1916) Nasik,
- (Died – 24 February 1998) Pune.
- She was a prolific Indian actress, who later became famous as a character actress, appearing in over 700 films in Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati cinema.
- (Born on – 9 September 1912) Dharwad.
- (Died – 14 July 2003) Danbury, Connecticut, USA.
- She was an actress in the Indian film industry, active from 1930s to 1980s. Her name before marriage was Leela Nagarkar. In her early years she starred as a romantic lead, but she is best remembered for her later roles playing a virtuous and upright mother to leading stars
- (Born on – November 1973) Mumbai,Maharashtra
- She is an actress in Marathi television, theatre, and films.
- (Born on – 11 December 1965)
- She is a model and actress of Bollywood from the 1980s to the early 1990s.
- (Born on – 26 July 1982) Pune.
- She is an Indian actress and model who appears in Bollywood A former model, Godse was a semi-finalist at the Femina Miss India 2004 competition.
- (Born on – 15 May 1967) Mumbai.
- She is an Indian actress who is known for her work in Hindi cinema. Dixit has been praised by critics for her acting and dancing skills. She has received six Filmfare Awards, four for Best Actress, one for Best Supporting Actress and one special award.
- (Born on – 20 April 1972) Mumbai.
- She is a former Indian actress and model. She was part of several commercial successful Hindi films such as Aashiq Awara (1993), Waqt Hamara Hai (1993), Krantiveer (1994), Karan Arjun (1995), Sabse Bada Khiladi (1995), Baazi (1996), China Gate(1998), Beqabu (1995), and Chhupa Rustam: A Musical Thriller (2001) among others.
- (Born on – 22 January 1972) Mumbai.
- She is an actress, producer and former model known for her works in Bollywood. She was awarded the Fmina Miss India in 1993.
- (Born on – 11 October 1969)
- She is an acclaimed Marathi film actress who has acted in Hindi films and in Hindi and Marathi serials. She started acting in commercial cinema around 1989–90 and has acted in more than 100 films.
- (Born on – 10 January 1965) Bombay.
- She is an actress in the Marathi and Hindi film industry of India of the late 1980s and early 1990s. She did her schooling and college from Mumbai itself. She is married to Marathi and Hindi films actor Ashok Saraf. Her birth date is 10 January 1965.
- (Born on – 4 June 1936) Bombay.
- (Died – 21 February 1991) Bombay.
- She was an Indian actress. She appeared in more than 70 Hindi films in a career spanning nearly four decades. Regarded as one of the finest female actors in the history of Hindi cinema. Nutan was noted for playing unconventional parts and her performances often received praise and accolades.
- (Born on – 1 November 1965) Mumbai.
- She is an Indian actress and singer, who appeared primarily in Hindi films. During her successful career, she received two Filmfare Awards and was the popular actress in the 1980s.
- (Born on – 4 April 1969) Mumbai.
- She is an Indian film and television actress. She is a recipient of Special Jury Award at the National Film Awards.
- (Born on – 7 September 1985) Pune.
- She is an Indian film and stage actress.Hailing from Pune, Maharashtra, Apte began her acting career in theatre, working with the theatre troupe Aasakta in her home town, before venturing into films.
- (Born on – 8 October 1944) Bombay.
- She is an Indian actress of Bollywood. She is best known for her work in the movies Janwar and Brahmachari.
- (Born on – 11 April 1951) Pune.
- She has won two Filmfare Awards, one National Film Award, and is the only Indian actress to win the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her performance as Kasturba Gandhi in Gandhi (1982).
- (Born on – 3 March 1987) Mumbai
- She is an Indian actress and singer who works in Hindi films. The daughter of actor Shakti Kapoor, she began her acting career with a brief role in the 2010 heist film Teen Patti, and followed it with her first leading role in the teen drama Luv Ka The End (2011).
- ( Born on – 20 November 1969 )
- She is an Indian actress and former photo model who was active in Bollywood films from 1989 to 2000. After a 13-year hiatus from acting, she made her comeback to acting, this time on television in the Zee TV series Ek Mutthi Aasmaan in 2013.
- (Born on – 17 October 1955) Pune
- (Died – 13 December 1986) Mumbai
- She was an Indian actress of film, television and theatre. Regarded among the finest stage and film actresses of her times, Patil appeared in over 80 Hindi and Marathi films in a career that spanned just over a decade.
- (Born on – 17 November 1916) Mumbai
- (Died – 9 February 2000) Pune
- She was an Indian film actress, director and producer of Marathi ethnicity, who began her career in the early days of talkie movies in the Hindi film industry, and continued in lead roles into the 1950s
- (Born on – 1 January 1975) Mumbai
- She is an Indian film actress and model who predominantly worked in Hindi She has also appeared in Telugu, Tamil, Marathi and Kannada films.
- (Born on – 3 November 1974) Pune
- She is an Indian She was born in Pune. She has worked in Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, Hindi, and Tamil films. She is known for her roles in Doghi, Deool, Dil Chahta Hai, Singham, and Taxi No 9211.
- ( Born on – 25 June 1986) Sangli
- She is an Indian actress who has appeared in several Marathi and Hindi She was born and raised in Sangli. Tamhankar completed her schooling from Savarkar Pratishthan.
- (Born on – 7 January 1961) Mumbai
- She is an Indian actress of film, television and stage. She is mostly popular for playing the role of Hansa Parekh in the sitcom, Khichdi,and for her vitriolic avatar of Dhankor Baa in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela.
- (Born on – 17 October 1955) Pune
- She is an Indian actress. She often acted opposite Marathi comedy actor Dada Kondke.
- She also acted in famous, Manoj Kumar starrer film Shirdi Ke Sai Baba.
- (Born on – 4 February 1974) Mumbai
- She is an Indian film actress primarily known for her work in Bollywood Matondkar has also appeared in Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, and Malayalam language films.
- (Born – Mumbai)
- She is a Marathi stage actress who has also performed television and film roles.
Yash Raj Chopra
- (Born on – 27 September 1932)
- (Died – 21 October 2012) Mumbai
- He was an Indian film director and film producer, predominantly working in Hindi cinema. Yash Chopra began his career as an assistant director to S. Johar and elder brother, B.R. Chopra.
- (Born on – 25 May 1972) Bombay
- He is an Indian film director, producer, screenwriter, costume designer, actor and television personality who is primarily known for his work in Hindi films.
Prahlād Keshav Atre
- (Born on – August 13, 1898)
- (Died – June 13, 1969)
- (Occupation – writer, Poet)
- He was a prominent Marathi writer, a poet, an educationist, a newspaper founder–editor of Maratha.
Bal Sitaram Mardhekar
- (Born on – December 1, 1909)
- (Died on – 20 March 1956)
- (Occupation – Poet, critic, dramatist, novelist, short-story writer)
- He was a Marathi writer who brought about a radical shift of sensibility in Marathi poetry. He was born in a town called Faizpur in the Khandesh region of Maharashtra.
- (Born on – 10 July 1923)
- (Died – 11 December 1987)
- He was a legendary Sahitya Akademi Award winner Marathi writer of short stories.
Gajanan Digambar Madguḷkar
- (Born on -1 October 1919)
- (Died – 14 December 1977)
- (Occupation – Poet, lyricist, playwright, script writer, dialog writer, actor, and orator)
- He was a Marathi poet, lyricist, writer and actor from India. He is popularly known in his home state of Maharashtra by just his initials as Ga Di Ma.
Gangadhar Gopal Gadgil
- (Born on – 25 August 1923) Mumbai
- (Died – 15 September 2008)
- He was a Marathi writer from Maharashtra, India.
Vishnu Vaman Shirwadkar
- (Born on – 27 February 1912) Pune
- (Died – 10 March 1999)Nashik
- (Occupation – Poet, playwright, novelist, short story writer, humanist)
- He was an eminent Marathi poet, playwright, novelist, short story writer, apart from being a humanist, who wrote of freedom, justice and emancipation of the deprived.
Mangesh Keshav Padgaonkar
- (Born on – 10 March 1929)
- (Died – 30 December 2015)
- He was an iconic Marathi poet from Maharashtra, India
Purushottam Lakshman Deshpande
- (Born on – 8 November 1919)
- (Died – 12 June 2000)
- He was a Marathi writer and humorist from Maharashtra, India. He was also an accomplished film and stage actor, script writer, author, music composer, musician (he played the harmonium), singer and orator.
Vasant Abaji Dahake
- (Born on – 30 March 1942)
- He is a Marathi poet, playwright, short story writer, artist, and critic from Amaravati district in the Maharashtra state of India. He is awarded Sahitya Akademi Award for his collection Chitralipi for 2009.
Vasant Shankar Kanetkar
- (Born on – 20 March 1920)
- (Died – 31 January 2000)
- He was a Marathi playwright and novelist from Maharashtra, India.
Vijay Dhondopant Tendulkar
- (Born on – 6 January 1928)
- (Died -19 May 2008)
- He was a leading Indian playwright, movie and television writer, literary essayist, political journalist, and social commentator primarily in Marathi.
- (Born on – 1942)
- (Died – 14 April 2015)
- He was one of the most significant modernist Indian writers, critics and translators to emerge in the post-independence period.
Govind Vinayak Karandikar
- (Born on – 23 August 1918)
- (Died – 14 March 2010)
- (Occupation – Writer, Poet, Essayist and Critic)
- He was a well-known Marathi poet, writer, literary critic, and translator. He was conferred the 39th Jnanpith Award in 2006.
- (Born on – 4 May 1929)
- (Died – 20 October 2009)
- He was a Mara thinovelist famous for his detective novels. During his career his wrote over 50 novels, most notably, Bhalu, Panch, and Najuk Bote.
Balwant Moreshwar Purandare
- (Born on – July 29, 1922 )
- (Occupation – Historian, writer, fictional novelist)
- He is a writer and theatre personality from Maharashtra, India. His works are mostly based on the events related to the life of Shivaji, the 17th-century founder of the Maratha Empire; as a result he is termed as Shiv-Shahir.
Vishnu Sakharam Khandekar
- (Born on – 11 January 1898)
- (died – 2 September 1976)
- (Occupation – writer)
- He was a Marathi writer from Maharashtra, India. He was the first Marathi author to win the prestigious Jnanpith Award.
- (Born on – June 6, 1943)
- He still writes articles in Marathi news papers and performs stage shows.
- (Born on – 16 June 1994)
- She is a Marathi playback singer from Pune, Maharashtra. She participated and reached the finals of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Marathi L’il Champs aired on Zee Marathi channel between July 2008 and February 2009. Aarya has made her acting debut in Jan 2017 through the film Ti Saddhya Kay Karte.
- (Born on – 21 August 1976)
- He is the music alias of Indian music director-composer duo of brothers Ajay and Atul Gogavale, In 2008, Ajay-Atul won the Best Music Direction award at the 56th National Film Awardsfrom the Government of India for contributing music to the Marathi film Jogwa
- (Born on – 13 September 1932)
- She is an Indian classical vocalist from the Kirana gharana.
Dr. Ashwini Bhide-Deshpande
- (Born on – October 7, 1960)
- (Occupation s – Hindustani classical vocalist)
- Bhide-Deshpande started her early classical training under the guidance of Narayanrao Datar. She then completed her Sangeet Visharad from the Gandharva.
- (Born on – 2 May 1920)
- (Died – 30 July 1983)
- He was a renowned Hindustani classical vocalist who was also a great performer of Natya Sangeet.
- (Born on – 26 June 1888)
- (Died – 15 July 1967)
- She was one of the greatest Marathi singers and stage actors. He was famous for his roles in female characters in Marathi plays, since women were not allowed to act on stage during his time.
Pandit Sawai Gandharva
- (Born on – January 19, 1886)
- (Died – September 12, 1952 )
- He was a popular Hindustani Classical vocalist and Marathi stage actor of the Kirana Gharana.
Bhimsen Gururaj Joshi
- (Born on – 4 February 1922)
- (Died – 24 January 2011)
- He was an Indian singer from Karnataka in the Hindustani classical He is known for the khayal form of singing, as well as for his popular renditions of devotional music.
- (Born on – 28 January 1937)
- She is an Indian singer. She is one of the best-known and most respected playback singers in India.
- (Born on – 13 July 1892
- (Died – 16 September 1977)
- She was an Indian classical vocalist of the Jaipur-Atrauli gharana. A protege of Ustad Alladiya Khan (1855–1946), the founder of the gharana, from age sixteen, she went on to become one of the most noted khayal singers of the second half of the 20th century.
- (Born on – 10 April 1931)
- (Died – 3 April 2017)
- She was a leading Indian classical vocalist, belonging to the Jaipur gharana, or a community of musicians sharing a distinctive musical style.
Shrinivas Vinayak Khale
- (Born on – 30 April 1926)
- (died – 2 September 2011)
- He was initially trained at the Music College (now the Faculty of Performing Arts of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda) and did his Diploma in vocal music. Shrinivas was trained by Madhusudan Joshi of the Agra-Atrauli gharana.
- (Born on – 15 July 1904)
- (died – 10 February 2001 )
- She was a renowned Hindustani classical music vocalist of the Jaipur-Atrauli gharana.
- (Born on -23 September 1987)
- He is an Indian Singer.
Suresh Ishwar Wadkar
- (Born on – 7 August 1955)
- He is an Indian playback singer. He performs in both Hindi and Marathi He has sung songs in some Bhojpuri films, Odia albums and bhajans and in Konkani films.
- (Born on – 4 January 1982)
- She is an Indian playback singer. She performed several songs in Bollywood and regional films.
- (Born on – January 2, 1990)
- She is an Indian playback singer, who predominantly sings for the Hindi language films In addition to Hindi, she has also sung in other Indian languages such as Marathi, Bengali, Telugu and Tamil.
Sachin Hindurao Vaze
- (Born on – 22 February 1972)
- He is a former police officer of the Maharashtra Police Force of India.
- (Born on – 5 April 1957)
- (Died – 26 November 2008)
- He was a Police Inspector and encounter specialist serving with the Mumbai police.
Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar
- (Born on – 15 August 1947)
- (Died – 6 December 1956)
- He was an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer who inspired the Dalit Buddhist Movement and campaigned against social discrimination against Untouchables (Dalits), while also supporting the rights of women and labour.
Gopinath Pandurang Munde
- (Born on – 12 December 1949)
- (Died – 3 June 2014)
- He was an Indian politician from Maharashtra.
Ramdas Bandu Athawale
- (Born on – 25 December 1959)
- He is an Indian politician from Maharashtra.
Prakash Yashwant Ambedkar
- (Born on – 10 May 1954)
- He is an Indian politician and lawyer.
Ajit Anantrao Pawar
- (Born on – 22 July 1959 )
- He is an Indian politician who served as the deputy chief minister of Maharashtra.
- (Born on – 10 March 1910)
- He was a leading politician and social worker from Maharashtra.
- (Born on – 15 October 1947)
- He is apolitician from the state of Maharashtra,
Sunil Panjabrao Deshmukh
- (Born on – 28 May 1958)
- He is the Member of Legislative Assembly from the constituency of Amravati, Maharashtra, India.
Gopal Ganesh Agarkar
- (Born on – 14 July 1856)
- (Died – 17 June 1895)
- He was a Brahmin social reformer, educationist, and thinker from Maharashtra, British India.
Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- (Born on – 9 May 1866)
- (Died – 19 February 1915)
- He was one of the social and political leaders during the Indian Independence Movement against the British Empire in India.
Haribhau Madhav Jawale
- (Born on – 1 June 1953)
- He is an India politician, Agriculturist, Silent, Experienced, Visionary but low profile leader of Bharatiya Janata Party political party.
Shivaram Hari Rajguru
- (Born on – 24 August 1908
- (Died – 23 March 1931)
- He was an Indian revolutionary from Maharashtra, known mainly for his involvement in the assassination of a British Raj police officer.
- (Born on – 22 August 1954)
- He is an Indian politician from the state of Maharashtra. He is a senior leader of Congress. He became the president of the Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee in August 2008, replacing Patangrao Kadam.
Manohar Gajanan Joshi
- (Born on – 2 December 1937)
- He is an Indian politician from the state of Maharashtra. He is one of the prominent leaders of the Shiv Sena political party. He was the Chief Minister of Maharashtra from 1995–1999.
Narayan Tatu Rane
- (Born on – 20 April 1952)
- He is an Indian politician from the state Maharashtra and former Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
Raosaheb Ramrao Patil
- (Born on – 16 August 1957)
- (Died – 16 February 2015)
- He was an Indian politician from the state of Maharashtra.
Pandurang Mahadev Bapat
- (Born on – 12 November 1880)
- (Died – 28 November 1967 )
- He was a figure in the Indian independence movement. He acquired the title of Senapati, meaning commander, as a consequence of his leadership during the Mulshi satyagraha.
Shankarrao Bhavrao Chavan
- (Born – 14 July 1920)3
- (Died – 26 February 2004)
- He was an Indian politician who served twice as Chief Minister of Maharashtra from 1975 until 1977 and from 13 March 1986 until 24 June 1988.
- (Born on – 14 September 1954)
- (Died – 2 June 2004)
- He was an Indian politician. He held several degrees.
Shripad Amrit Dange
- (Born on – 10 October 1899)
- (Died – 22 May 1991)
- He was a founding member of the Communist Party of India(CPI) and a stalwart of Indian trade union movement.
- (Born on – 13 November 1917)
- (Died – 1 March 1989)
- He was an Indian politician from Sangli, Maharashtra. He was known as the first modern Maratha strongman and first mass leader in Maharashtra’s politics.
Vilasrao Dagadojirao Deshmukh
- (Born on – 26 May 1945)
- (Died – 14 August 2012)
- He was an Indian politician who served two terms as the Chief Minister of the state of Maharashtra. He also served in the Union cabinet as the Minister of Science and Technology and Minister of Earth Sciences.
Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
- (Born on – 28 May 1883)
- (Died – 6 February 1966 )
- He was an Indian pro-independence activist, lawyer, politician, poet, writer and playwright. He advocated the reconversion of the converted Hindus back to Hindu religion.
Yashwantrao Balwantrao Chavan
- (Born on – 12 March 1913)
- (died – 25 November 1984)
- He was the first Chief Minister of Maharashtra after the division of Bombay State and the fifth Deputy Prime Minister of India. He was a strong Congress leader, co-operative leader, social activist and writer.
- (Born on – 1275 CE)
- (Died – 1296 CE)
- He was a 13th-century Marathisaint, poet, philosopher and yogi of the Nath tradition whose Dnyaneshwari (a commentary on the Bhagavad Gita) and Amrutanubhav are considered to be milestones in Marathi literature.
- (Born on – April 1627 / 19 February 1630)
- (Died on – 3 April 1680)
- He was an Indian warrior king and a member of the Bhonsle Maratha clan. Shivaji carved out an enclave from the declining Adilshahi sultanate of Bijapur that formed the genesis of the Maratha Empire. In 1674, he was formally crowned as the Chhatrapati (monarch) of his realm at Raigad.
Madhav Rao I
- (Born on – February 14, 1745)
- (Died – November 18, 1772 )
- He was the fourth Peshwa of the Maratha Empire. During his tenure, the Maratha empire recovered from the losses they suffered during the Third Battle of Panipat, a phenomenon known as Maratha Resurrection.
- (Born on – 7 January 1948)
- He became the ceremonial Maharajaof Kolhapur in 1983. He is the grandson of Shahaji II.
Malhar Rao Holkar
- (Born on – 16 March 1693)
- (Died -20 May 1766)
- He was a noble of the Maratha Empire, in present-day India. Malhar Rao is particularly known for being the first Maratha Subhedar of Malwa in Central India.
Yashwant Rao Holkar
- (Born on – 3 December 1776)
- (Died -28 October 1811
- He was a gifted military leader and educated in accountancy as well as literate in Persian and Marathi.
- (Born on – May 14, 1657)
- (Died – March 11, 1689 )
- He was the second ruler of the Maratha Empire.
Vijay Pandurang Bhatkar
- (Born on – 11 October 1946)
- He is an Indian computer scientist, IT leader and educationalist.
- (Born on – 11 November 1943)
- He is an Indian nuclear scientist and mechanical engineer.
Madhav Dhananjaya Gadgil
- (Bornon – 1942)
- He is an Indian ecologist, academic, writer, columnist and the founder of the Centre for Ecological Sciences, a research forum under the aegis of the Indian Institute of Science.
Raghunath Anant Mashelkar
- (Born on – 1 January 1943)
- He is an Indian chemical engineer and a former Director General of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), a chain of 38 publicly funded industrial research and development institutions in India.
Jayant Vishnu Narlikar
- (Born o n – 19 July 1938)
- He is an Indian astrophysicist. He developed with Sir Fred Hoyle the conformal gravity theory, known as Hoyle–Narlikar theory. It synthesizes Albert Einstein’s Theory of Relativity and Mach’s Principle.
Shekhar C. Mande
- (Born on – 5 April 1962)
- He is a Structural and Computational Biologist.
Chandrashekhar B. Khare
- (Born on – 1968)
- He is a professor of mathematics at the University of California Los Angeles. In 2005, he made a major advance in the field of Galois representations and number theory by proving the level 1 Serre conjecture,and later a proof of the full conjecture with Jean-Pierre Wintenberger.
Narendra Krishna Karmarkar
- (Born on – 1957
- He is an Indian mathematician, who developed Karmarkar’s algorithm. He is listed as an ISI highly cited researcher.
Shreeram Shankar Abhyankar
- (Born on – July 22, 1930)
- (Died -2 November 2012)
- He was an Indian American mathematician known for his contributions to algebraic geometry. .
Shrinivas Ramchandra Kulkarni
- (Born on – 4 October 1956)
- He is currently a professor of astronomy and planetary science at California Institute of Technology, and the director of Caltech Optical Observatory (COO) at California Institute of Technology who oversees Palomar and Keck among other telescopes.
Abhay Vasant Ashtekar
- (Born on – July 5, 1949)
- He is an Indian theoretical physicist.
Aravind Krishna Joshi
- (Born on – August 5, 1929)
- (died – December 31, 2017)
- He was the Henry Salvatori Professor of Computer and Cognitive Science in the computer science department of the University of Pennsylvania.
- (Born on – November 15, 1950 )
- He is Faculty Senior Scientist and was Director of the Energy and Environmental Technologies Division for 2010-2015 at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Anandibai Gopalrao Joshi
- (Born on -31 March 1865)
- (Died – 26 February 1887 )
- She was one of the earliest Indian female physicians.
Ajinkya Madhukar Rahane
- (Born on – 6 June 1988)
- (Test debut – 22 March 2013 v Australia)
- (ODI debut – 3 September 2011 v England)
- (T20I debut – 31 August 2011 v England)
- He is an Indian cricketerwho is the vice-captain of the India national team in Test format. He is a right-handed batsman.
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar
- (Born on – 24 April 1973)
- (Test debut – 15 November 1989 v Pakistan)
- (Last Test – 14 November 2013 v West Indies)
- (ODI debut – 18 December 1989 v Pakistan)
- (Last ODI – 18 March 2012 v Pakistan)
- He is a former Indiancricketer and a former captain, regarded as one of the greatest batsmen of all time.
Sunil Manohar “Sunny” Gavaskar
- (Born on – 10 July 1949)
- (Test debut – 6 March 1971 v West Indies)
- (Last Test – 13 March 1987 v Pakistan)
- (ODI debut – 13 July 1974 v England)
- (Last ODI – 5 November 1987 v England)
- He is an Indian former cricketerwho played from the early 1970s to late 1980s for the Bombay cricket team and Indian national team.
Vinod Ganpat Kambli
- (Born on – 18 January 1972)
- (Test debut – 29 January 1993 v England)
- (Last Test – 8 November 1995 v New Zealand)
- (ODI debut – 18 October 1991 v Pakistan)
- (Last ODI -29 October 2000 v Sri Lanka)
- He is a former Indian cricketer, who played for India as a middle order batsman, as well as for Mumbai and Boland, South Africa.
- (Born on – 7 October 1978)
- (Test debut – 10 November 2000 v Bangladesh)
- (Last Test – 14 February 2014 v New Zealand)
- (ODI debut – 3 October 2000 v Kenya)
- (Last ODI – 4 August 2012 v Sri Lanka)
- (T20I debut – 1 December 2006 v South Africa)
- (Last T20I – 2 October 2012 v South Africa)
- He is a former Indian cricketer who played all forms of the game for the Indian national cricket team from 2000 till 2014.
Rohit Gurunath Sharma
- (Born on – 30 April 1987)
- (Test debut – 6 November 2013 v West Indies)
- (ODI debut –23 June 2007 v Ireland)
- (T20I debut – 19 September 2007 v England)
- He is an Indian international cricketer who is the Vice captain of the India national team in the Limited overs format.
- (Born on – 16 July 1968)
- (Playing position – Forward)
- He is a retired Indian field hockey player and former captain of the Indian national team.
Viren Wilfred Rasquinha
- (Born on – 13 September 1980)
- (Playing position – Halfback
- He was the former captain of India’s national field hockey
Hiranna M. Nimal
- (Born on – 20 August 1935)
- (died – 14 June 2010)
- He was an Indian field hockey player from Maharashtra.
- (Born on – 18 January 1978)
- He is a former Indian badminton She was India’s national champion for a record equaling nine times when she won all the senior national championships between 1997 and 2006.
- (Born on – 1958)
- He is one of India’s most successful bridge
- (Born on – 1925)
- (Died – 1994)
- He was an Indian bridge
- (Died- 30 September 1988)
- He was an Indian bridge
- (Born on – 12 August 1959)
- He is an Indian chess Grandmaster.
- (Born on – Born 14 August 1990)
- He is one of the prominent professional mountaineer from India.
- (Born on – December 5, 1969)
- She is a professional Indian shooter. She became the World Number One in 10m Air Rifle in 2002. She also won her first World Cup Final in Milan, in 2003, with a score of 399/400.
- (Born on – 12 September 1980)
- She is an Indian shooter from the Maharashtrian city of Kolhapur. She belongs to a Maratha family. Her father Ravindra Sawant was an officer in the Indian Navy.
- He is a seven-time Indian National Tennis He was awarded the Arjuna Award in 1996 for Tennis.
Khashaba Dadasaheb Jadhav
- (Born on – 15 January 1926)
- (Died – 14 August 1984)
- He was an Indian athlete. He is best known as a wrestler who won a bronze medal at the 1952 Summer Olympics in Helsinki. He was one of the first athletes from India to win a medal in the Olympics.